 Marketplace / Shopping / 11697
Re: Is Lego running out of Castle ideas??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:03:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser wrote:

snip

Any one else wonder if Lego is starting to run out of ideas?

Larry

I would say they are running out of great castle ideas and making average to
sub-par sets.  The Siege Tower concept is quite old for LEGO Castle.  It was
used in 1984 in set 6061 Siege Tower.  In 6062 Battering Ram, the battering ram
also could be used to scale the castle walls.  The idea books, like #250 also
had siege towers.  I actually like set 8800 very much and think it has a nice
sub model and good pieces.  Siege machines will always be a part of LEGO castle.
It is just too bad that forestmen, maidens, basic soldiers, and peasants arent
right now :(

Ben E.