 Marketplace / Shopping / 11704
Re: Is Lego running out of Castle ideas??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:15:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser wrote:
I recently walked through a TRU and found that someone had placed all of the
Lego castle sets on the same shelf with the Playmobile castle sets. First off I
informed the nearest store employee who started to move them very quickly.
Second I noticed that Playmobile had a siege tower.

http://store.playmobilusa.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/PM_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=9Sj-7ExYmij-_A1jCRHyyoJqspd35HcIYwE=?CategoryName=Ritter_us&ProductID=Rr4MJs4yV5EAAADo4We5APA3&PLS=0

I looked closer and found that it looks extremely close to the Vladek's Siege
Engine

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8800&cn=192&d=7&t=3

Any one else wonder if Lego is starting to run out of ideas?

Playmobile's and LEGO's themes have often run mysteriously parallel. I remember
noticing that both companies were big into pirates at the same time, and the
same for wild west. In fact, Fort Legoredo and Fort Eagle had very similar
packaging.

Playmobil's western line included the fort, a stagecoach, an armoured
stagecoach, a sheriff's office, various stores, a gold mine, and a Native
American camp. Sound familiar?

Make your own comparisons at the LUGNET(tm) of Playmobil(tm):
http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/index.html

Rick C.