 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6599
Re: The Sanburn Systems Company is Now Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:03:20 GMT

Hi Scott,

I don't have any technical problems, so my comments are free :-)

In lugnet.announce, Scott E. Sanburn writes:

I also offer price matching, on any on-line LEGO part, I will beat it by a
penny:

http://www.sanburnsystems.com/price-match.htm

I went through this.  I think you will need to include some lattitude for
yourself, and you might want to include it in the verbiage as soon as you can.
For instance, I could set up a site on BrickBay or whatever selling pieces
that you sell (even specifically targetting your site as my victim) for much
lower than market price.  I could never advertise, because I don't want anyone
to buy, but even if they did, I could only have ten of piece X available.  If
you have 400 of them, then you need to drop the price down to $.01 less than my
price, and I can buy them all up from you at an unfair price.

Obviously, I wouldn't do that, because it would be sleazy and wrong, but you
can't count on that from everyone.  Guard yourself.

http://www.sanburnsystems.com/privacy.htm

This is a strong privacy statement.  Most sites include a disclaimer noting
that if they are required by a court, to provide data, they will do so.  Is
that also your stance, or are you willing to go to jail rather than provide my
LEGO buying habits to a federal grand jury?

Oh, and it was on one of those two pages...I think the privacy statement (yeah,
I'm sure of it)...on the last line you write 'an firm' or 'an company' or
something.  the 'an' should either be 'a' or 'any'.

Chris