 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6590
Re: The Sanburn Systems Company is Now Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:28:43 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Scott E. Sanburn writes:

I will provide $0.50 in free parts to people that can tell me a technical
error, such as a broken link, etc. You will need to contact me at
siteadmin@sanburnsystems.com for this.

Well,  I'll report this one here,  because I doubt there's anything you can
do about it,  and it's important for customers to know about:

   Your "shopping basket" is not a real "basket".

It's actually a "wish list" that may,  or may not,  be filled when you go to
check out.  I don't know how many of the parts I "bought" I actually wound
up not getting.  But I do know that at least a dozen parts that I had
supposedly put in my "basket" got sold out from underneath me while I was
shopping.

Given the way the store is set up,  there's no clean solution to this:  unless
you want to require people to log in to shop (which sucks just as badly in its
own way),  there's no defense against someone screwing things up for other
customers by loading up a basket,  and never checking out (or maybe just not
checking out until payday).

But it sucks extremely large rocks that the system doesn't tell you at checkout
time that it's ignored part(s) of your order.  And that's something you should
yell at your ISP about.

Obviously,  I don't consider this a "show-stopper",  since I just dropped
almost a hundred bucks on you  ;-)  I got some killer deals on some obscure
parts,  and I'll undoubtedly be back for more.  I just have to vent because
I feel like someone was raiding my cart,  and grabbing my FOTWs,  at a TRU
clearance sale.

You can go back to packing and shipping my goodies now  ;-)

Ran