 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1889
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:16:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I LOVE boxtrot. Let's get a group asap as the posts are spread all
over... Forget the mail part as it's not a given that boxes will move
via mail. Actually it's not a given that the pieces will move in boxes.

So I vote for mixorama. or boxtrot, what I just said notwithstanding.

I like .market.boxtrot too because it conveys what's going on more
accurately than most of the other names.  But something more generic
might fit in better.  Note that all of the other .market names -- .auction,
.buy-sell-trade, .shipping, .shopping, .theory -- are super-generic
sounding.

"boxtrot", OTOH, sounds a bit cute -- and not that there's anything
wrong with that -- but I just did a search on AltaVista and one thing
that came up with some interesting hits.  One was a moving and storage
company called Box Trotters <http://www.boxtrotters.com/>.  There's also
a book of poetry called "Boxtrot," a hot air balloon event called the
"Balloon Boxtrot 5K Walk," a really cool animated GIF of a boxer (dog)
trotting <http://www.beaniesforless.com/josie.htm>, and heck, maybe it's
also a maneuvre that Ed Boxer does before he KOs someone.  ;-)

I don't suppose that any of these would present real problems, but seeing
as the word "boxtrot" -sounds- coined and trademarkish, it's probably a
good idea to consider if other alternatives are stronger.

The list I posted <http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=1865>
wasn't intended as something to pick from, but rather as an initial-
brainstorm-starting-point.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable leaning toward something like .boxtrot or
.mixorama if more possibilities were enumerated exhaustively.  I ran out of
ideas after 10 minutes.

--Todd