 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1845
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
I don't know how I'm going to handle this yet.  I never expected this much
demand/enthusiasm about all the stuff.  Maybe I'll just ship the whole lot
off to Larry (if he wants) and he can spread the wealth around.  I dunno.

Why not just scoop a handful out of each bag and get the ball rolling?

Like I said earlier, Suzanne is away at a conference, and she has the camera
with her.  I want to upload some quick photos of these bags of pieces before
taking names on who to start them off with.  Suzanne might also want to pick
out a couple things, for all I know.  This mix of LEGO has been packed away
for quite some time.

[...]
What is the role that these pictures will play?  What do they matter?
How (and who) will they help?

There will be N bags and N photos, with N people receiving the packages.
(N is probably 5.)  I want to at least approximately match up the initial
boxes with people who could use them the most.  For example, sending a bag
of old 70's wheels & axles to someone who's a Castle-head won't do as much
good as sending a bag of old Castle parts to a Castle-head.

--Todd