 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10045
Re: LARGEST LEGO LOT ON EBAY EVER!! (???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

I'm not sure how to relate the volume of this collection to bricks, but
this chap is definitely in stratosphere of LEGO buyers (like I'm
not...). I think his collection is bigger than mine. I wonder if he's a
Lugnetter, and if not, how many other large collectors like him are
hiding out there.

I've read his descriptions and they seem incredibly inflated IMHO.  What's
especially troublesome is the "restocking fee" if you choose to return it.
I get the sense that he wants someone to make a ridiculously high offer,
realize their mistake, and be forced to pay him.  Also, I have a hard time
believing that he could spend $9000 on Lego in one year, and be reduced to
poverty the next.  I buy insane amounts of toys (last month I bought 36
cases of Star Wars action figures), but I'm not stupid enough to spend so
much that I'd have to sell everything if there was a change in my financial
condition or job status.  The first thing to go is my SLK.  Every month I
make a payment I think that I could have gotten 10 King Leo's Castle and I
weep!  :(

I'm intimately familiar with Sonya's collection, which BTW, tops 6,000
minifigs (twice his estimate of 3,000 minifigs) and I estimate her
collection to be in the $30-$40K range and that's being generous.

Jimmy