 Marketplace / Auctions / 9340
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:55:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink writes:

I was a Classic Space kid, and I've got almost all of the small sets from
the late '70s, but I never got the Galaxy Explorer, Space Command Base, or
Beta-1 Command Base.

Well if you had emailed in a bid for $90 you probably could have gotten the
Beta-1 Command Base from that LEGO auction Sunday in Sacramento.  Course, it's
probably just as well you didn't-- I won it for $85 (which was $20 over my
limit, but as it was my first live auction I wasn't quick enough putting my
number down).  Beautiful set.  I've never seen trans-yellow plates in such
perfect condition.  But when I got it home I discovered the gray spoked antenna
is missing. (Don't know if anything else is, I haven't had time to build it
yet.)  :-(  So I'm consoling myself with the two MISB copies of Knight's
Procession that were among the 19 small castle sets in the lot I got for $55.
(No, I'm not selling anything, if I ever decide to I'll put it on Bricklink, so
please don't ask.)

Oh, and both Galaxy Explorer and Intergalactic Command Base went for $75 each
to someone who used to post here regularly before they instituted those
complicated posting procedures.  So it is in the hands of an AFOL, unlike many
of the other sets that went to admitted speculator/eBayers.

Maggie C. (who notices k's and l's missing in this post also)