 Pirates / 2770
Re: New legend is up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:53:28 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Michael Dallaston writes:
If it bothers you that much, use a couple of chains from adventurer/castle
sets.  The day Pirates is about realism is the day I pack my loot and head
over to .space :)

Indeed! And there's always the anchor-out-of-bricks solution too.

Can you tell I've been thinking about anchors recently?
Never... I just put my blue gungan anchor on a 'refitted' Armada Flagship.
Obviously they had some paint left over from when they did the sails :P

Probably an anti-rust treatment of some sort.

Also, another critical supply for ship building (especially for fully decked
ships) is gun port lids (which is I believe the technical name* for those
2x2 flags which keep the weather (and seas) out. Finding two 2x2 red flags
was one of the highlights of my build of the Sopwith Camel!
You can get these in Blue and Red in the new Soccer sets.  Something to look
out for when they hit the clearance bins...

Well spotted! Blue and red are the best colours too...

Cheers

Richie Dulin