 General / 37505
Re: New legend is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:45:32 GMT

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, John Herre wrote:

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
The Legends vote started before the cypress tree was re-released.  Obviously
(to my mind) they didn't know they would/could provide the trees when they
wrote the description for Main Street.

There was some discussion about not including cypress trees when the Legends
vote started in April of 2002.  The cypress trees had already been announced in
November 2001.

Cypress Trees are not in the current S@H catalog (granted, it omits many
products, but other trees are there).  10113 does not seem to be available
on shop.lego.com anymore.  I would tend to suspect that they got their
last use of the mold when they made 10113.  Hence, they could not put
cypress trees in a production (albeit exclusive) set that would sell
thousands of copies.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/