 Local / United States / Texas / Houston / * (-5)
Subject:
Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital event pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:21:19 GMT

This past weekend TexLUG Houston held a private event for the children of the Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital. It was a pretty mixed bag of themes, but everyone had fun. The LEGO Company donated 200 X-Pods to be given away to the children who attended.

Pics 01 - 38

Post-Mod Gallery

We’d like to thank Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital for having us, and the LEGO group for the donated sets. I think we really brightened some days.

--Tony

Subject:
State-wide TexLUG Meeting and Public Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.la, lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.loc.us.ok, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:27:33 GMT

Howdy!

All the AFOLs from Texas and neighboring states are invited to come see and/or
join the Fall 2006 State-Wide meeting and public display in Houston!

The details:

When: October 7-8th 2006
Saturday 7th 10am-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-5pm
Sunday 8th 1pm-5pm  Public Hours 1pm-3pm

Where: Clear Lake City - Country Freeman Branch, aka The Freeman Library
16616 Diana Lane
Houston, TX 77062
http://www.hcpl.net/branchinfo/fm/fminfo.htm

Theme: This season's theme is a combination of Castle and Space, so bring your
CCC buildings and your Moonbase Modules.  As always, MOCs of any theme are
welcome to be displayed.

See y'all there!

--Anthony

Subject:
TexLUG Houston Meeting April 22, 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:10:47 GMT

Howdy!

TexLUG Houston will be having a meeting this Saturday the 22nd of April.  Feel
free to come on by and have some fun!

Who: TexLUG Houston
What: General Meeting
When: Saturday, April 22, 2006
Where:
  19525 Wied Road, Suite #106.
  Spring, TX 77379
Why: Why not?
Time: Setup - 11 AM.  Start - 1 PM.  End - Cook it 'till it's done.
Phone: 281-651-7747

See you there!

--Anthony

Subject:
James H. "Red" Duke, MD vignettes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:56:25 GMT

I have finally got around to posting the vignettes that I made in honor of Dr.
James H. "Red" Duke a few years back.  These were given to Dr. Duke as a
Christmas present from our research team back in 2002.

The folder (when moderated):

Favorite Images are:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/informaticist/Caricatures/RedDuke/trauma.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/informaticist/Caricatures/RedDuke/teacher.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/informaticist/Caricatures/RedDuke/dreams.jpg

From the accompanying text file:

I created these vignettes / models to depict the "stages" of the life of James
H. "Red" Duke, MD (who I worked for at the time).  These were mounted in a
shadow box and given to Dr. Duke as a Christmas present in 2002.  They are
making their first public appearance.  All of the vignettes / models are
original designs with the exception of the helicopter ("Lifeflight").

Timeline:

Born November 16, 1928, Ennis, Texas

Texas A&M University  1946 – 1950   ("Aggie" -- no photos of final model with A&M flag behind horse)

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, BD  1955

Military Service  1948 — 1952
1948 — 1950 43rd Infantry Battalion, 36th Division, Texas National Guard
1951 — 1952 First Lieutenant, Armor, U.S. Army, 67th Medium Tank Battalion, 2nd Armored Division

Still Looking for That Last Bighorn Trophy.

University of Texas Medical School at Houston Faculty 1972 — present ("Teacher")

Physician and Surgeon  1960 – present ("Trauma")

Life Flight, Founder and Medical Director, August 1, 1976 — present

Co-PI DREAMS Digital EMS Project (next-generation digital advanced life support
ambulance) 1997 — present

Matt Sailors
2005-02-18
Houston, TX

Subject:
TexLUG Fall 2004 Meeting Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:49:04 GMT

Howdy All,

I've posted a few details (including directions) on our website about the
upcoming fall meeting:
http://www.texlug.org/fall2004.html

The meeting will be held at National Instruments in Austin on October 9 and 10
(Saturday and Sunday). If you have any questions, please post a reply here and
someone will answer you.

I look forward to seeing everyone again (and some new faces!) and your great
creations. Remember, we're building a Moonbase and space-themed layout!

best,
TJ Avery
www.texlug.org

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact