 Announcements / 2836
2835  |  2837
Subject:
James H. "Red" Duke, MD vignettes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:56:25 GMT

I have finally got around to posting the vignettes that I made in honor of Dr.
James H. "Red" Duke a few years back.  These were given to Dr. Duke as a
Christmas present from our research team back in 2002.

The folder (when moderated):

Favorite Images are:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/informaticist/Caricatures/RedDuke/trauma.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/informaticist/Caricatures/RedDuke/teacher.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/informaticist/Caricatures/RedDuke/dreams.jpg

From the accompanying text file:

I created these vignettes / models to depict the "stages" of the life of James
H. "Red" Duke, MD (who I worked for at the time).  These were mounted in a
shadow box and given to Dr. Duke as a Christmas present in 2002.  They are
making their first public appearance.  All of the vignettes / models are
original designs with the exception of the helicopter ("Lifeflight").

Timeline:

Born November 16, 1928, Ennis, Texas

Texas A&M University  1946 – 1950   ("Aggie" -- no photos of final model with A&M flag behind horse)

Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, BD  1955

Military Service  1948 — 1952
1948 — 1950 43rd Infantry Battalion, 36th Division, Texas National Guard
1951 — 1952 First Lieutenant, Armor, U.S. Army, 67th Medium Tank Battalion, 2nd Armored Division

Still Looking for That Last Bighorn Trophy.

University of Texas Medical School at Houston Faculty 1972 — present ("Teacher")

Physician and Surgeon  1960 – present ("Trauma")

Life Flight, Founder and Medical Director, August 1, 1976 — present

Co-PI DREAMS Digital EMS Project (next-generation digital advanced life support
ambulance) 1997 — present

Matt Sailors
2005-02-18
Houston, TX