 Local / United States / South Carolina / Greenville / * (-5)
Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:33:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, Rob Doucette writes:

Work on softening the Boston accent if you have one (definite survival
skill).  Also, you must decide whether you are a USC fan or a Clemson fan.
There is no riding the fence on this one.  If you'll be living in and around
Columbia, USC is a safer bet.

First, I have to say Suz doesn't have that bad a Boston accent, especially for
living here her entire life. (1)

Second, I never knew that the University of Southern California was so popular
in South Carolina...  GDR... ;-).

Eric Kingsley

(1) We in NELUG are going to miss Suz but our loss is your gain.

Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:02:26 GMT

Hi there!

I am here too - down in Charleston.  Rarely post but I read often. I am
mostly into trains, but love all LEGO!  Never have been able to get to
any kind of meet here in SC, GA or NC.  Oh well, I will some day!

Welcome to the Palmetto State. Come down and visit Charleston when you
get a chance.

Michael

Michael Carnell - carnellm@palmettobug.com
http://www.palmettobug.com

mmillere@knology.net (Mark & Milissa Millère) wrote in
<GM6AyH.864@lugnet.com>:

Suz,

Welcome to the Palmetto state!

Milissa and I are in Charleston, David Wertz from Columbia will be
moving here shortly.

We have been trying to get a PLUG and SCLTC or PLTC going. We figured it
would move along more once David moved here. Do you mind driving ~1.5
hours each way every now and then?

Of course, for you, Charlotte, NC is about the same distance and the
NGLTC is a little farther than that.

Thanx,

Mark Millere
LUGnet # 525
Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millere's Spares
<http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?i=MMillere>

Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:26:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hey "Y'all" (did I say that right?)

After 30(ish) years of living in/around Boston, I'm now headed South
(yes, that's with a capital 'S'!)  to be with a certain "special
someone." [fluttering eyes and staring-off dreamily..] Migration to
his turf lands me in Columbia, SC.

So! any tips for surviving the likely-to-ensue culture shock are welcome.
;-)  And any leads on cool jobs are even more welcome.

I really hope to find a bunch of others "like us" down there, as SC
is currently a big hole in the LUG map!! [1] So, if you're listening,
please write. I'll be there in December.

-Suz

[1]  m u s t. . . . c o m p l e t e. . . . . E a s t   C o a s t . .
. .   . .  .
http://www.lugnet.com/map/na/usa/lug/

BTW - anyone know where the nearest SoftPro Books is..?  ;-)

Welcome!  I wish you much happiness.
I have always thought that the  big difference is not North or South but
large City vs smaller City/rural lifestyle.  Good people (and unfortunately
Bad people too) are to be found everywhere.

the South... easy living...
Magnolia blossoms, Dogwoods, Azaleas, pecan pie, Georgia Belle Peaches, pick
your own strawberries, Biltmore Estate, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Jekeyl and
Saint Simon Islands, Charleston ...and  snow days off from work/school since
there is only salt and "solar plowing" to clear the roads.

NCLUG / NCLTC gathers irregularly, but should you be passing through and
have time to meet, let us know and we will make every effort to pull
something together.

take care,
sheree

You'll be fine.  The fluttering eyes will get you almost anywhere you might
want to go in the South ;-) .

Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:35:05 GMT

Suz,

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:19:25 GMT

Suzanne D. Rich wrote:
BTW - anyone know where the nearest SoftPro Books is..?  ;-)

Burlington MA! The next closest one is Denver CO. The next closest one
is....there's only two...

I love SoftPro. I've been giving them my business for nearly 20 years
now and always schedule a visit when I'm back home.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact