 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / * (-5)
Re: Hello! Anyone live near Erie?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:32:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa, Dustin Jones wrote:
Hi!  I've just moved from the Seattle area to Erie - and was starting to unpack
my collection today - when I had the thought I should post on LUGNET and see if
there were was anyone close to Erie that builds or displays at shows.  I noticed
the two Penn clubs look to be on the eastern side of the state - so I wanted to
see if there was anyone in western Penn who was looking to form a club.

Hoping to hear from ya!

Dustin

is there an erie, PA LEGO club??  I have a client looking for one.

www.brickmuseum.net

Dan Brown toymuseum@Hotmail.com

thanks

Dan

Re: Visiting the East Coast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:13:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Howdy folks,

Here I am again. That pesky old-timer who refuses to go away while refusing to actually do anything lego-related!

No, that’s a lie, I actually built a MOC last year. Never got around to posting about it, ergo, it never existed.

So, what am I doing here again?

Easy answer: coming to the East Coast!

In lugnet.people, Shiri Dori wrote:
   Hi folks!

Well, it has certainly been a while. (Four years, to be precise.)

Yesterday, I landed in Boston for a one-month visit to the East Coast. This (following ten amazing days in Holland) is to celebrate my Masters graduation (with honors, yay me!). Before I dive into the corporate world (and hopefully not belly-flop), I’m taking a well-earned break from everything work-related.

OK, I had a short visit last year in which I got to see Tim (yay Tim, you rock for making it up to Boston!) but different constraints meant I saw zilch else (I was partly working, traveling with BF, etc.).

This time, I’m coming for another visit and a bit less constrained.

My schedule... <drumroll please>
  • Land in NYC Jan 26th, fly to Boston next day.

  • Jan 27th to Feb 3rd - Boston, MA.

  • Feb 4th to 9th - flexible, planned destinations NYC and Philadelphia.

  • D.C. potentially still possible between those dates.

  • Fly back from NYC Feb 9th.
So, if you care and my schedule fits yours, drop me a line. I am still available by email, as below:

   I am available at the coveted firstname.lastname at gmail. <grin>

Glad to be here, -Shiri

...and still glad to be here.

-Shiri

Subject:
Hello! Anyone live near Erie?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:04:58 GMT

Hi!  I've just moved from the Seattle area to Erie - and was starting to unpack
my collection today - when I had the thought I should post on LUGNET and see if
there were was anyone close to Erie that builds or displays at shows.  I noticed
the two Penn clubs look to be on the eastern side of the state - so I wanted to
see if there was anyone in western Penn who was looking to form a club.

Hoping to hear from ya!

Dustin

Subject:
PennLUG, DelVaLUG Display for Model Railroading Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.org.us.pennlug
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:04:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

PennLUG and DelVaLUG attend Model Railroading Days at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.

This Past weekend (Oct. 13th and 14th) The Pennsylvania LEGO Users Group and The Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group Displayed A LEGO Train layout at The Railroad Museum of Pa’s Model Railroading Days event.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=280725 Full Brickshelf gallery.

The event was a great success. Contributing members were myself, Mike Gibney, Micheal Tighe from PennLUG and Tim Caffery and Phillip Thorne from DelVaLUG. We were fortunate enough to be set up across from the museums beautifully restored Virginia & Truckee No. 20 Tahoe. This put us in full view through the windows to every one walking up the main walk to the museum entrance. They’ll need to clean the nose and hand prints from the glass from all the amazed kids.

DelVaLUG attempted to take over Mike Gibney’s farm when they planted their flag (or rather engraved brick) in the door of the barn.

Their clever coup was aided by a few of Phil’s rouge farm animals.

Unfortunately during the event a Fleebnork escaped from its bio stasis container and is probably now chewing on the the electrical components of the museums GG1 No. 4935. For this we may never be invited back.

Here is a shot of my copy of Steve Barile’s 2-6-0 Denver Rio Grande Bumblebee posing on the pilot of the 2-6-0 Tahoe.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Cale

No animals plastic or otherwise were harmed in the making of this display.

Subject:
PennLUG to display at Euro East Train Show, August 11th, 12th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.pennlug, lugnet.loc.us.pa
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 03:02:02 GMT

For the second year in row PennLUG (Pennsylvania LEGO Users Group) will be displaying a LEGO train layout at the Euro East Train Show in Marietta, PA. Euro East is the largest European train show east of the Rockies featuring several operating layouts, vendors and seminars centered around European Trains. While PennLUG’s layout isn’t European themed the organizers love the idea of LEGO trains and have asked us dispaly again this year. If you happen to be in the area August 11th or 12th feel free to stop in.

More Info can be found on Euro East’s web site. http://www.euroeastonline.com/index.html

Pictures from last years layout. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=200126

Cale

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact