 Trains / 29658
29657  |  29659
Subject:
PennLUG, DelVaLUG Display for Model Railroading Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.org.us.pennlug
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:04:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

PennLUG and DelVaLUG attend Model Railroading Days at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.

This Past weekend (Oct. 13th and 14th) The Pennsylvania LEGO Users Group and The Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group Displayed A LEGO Train layout at The Railroad Museum of Pa’s Model Railroading Days event.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=280725 Full Brickshelf gallery.

The event was a great success. Contributing members were myself, Mike Gibney, Micheal Tighe from PennLUG and Tim Caffery and Phillip Thorne from DelVaLUG. We were fortunate enough to be set up across from the museums beautifully restored Virginia & Truckee No. 20 Tahoe. This put us in full view through the windows to every one walking up the main walk to the museum entrance. They’ll need to clean the nose and hand prints from the glass from all the amazed kids.

DelVaLUG attempted to take over Mike Gibney’s farm when they planted their flag (or rather engraved brick) in the door of the barn.

Their clever coup was aided by a few of Phil’s rouge farm animals.

Unfortunately during the event a Fleebnork escaped from its bio stasis container and is probably now chewing on the the electrical components of the museums GG1 No. 4935. For this we may never be invited back.

Here is a shot of my copy of Steve Barile’s 2-6-0 Denver Rio Grande Bumblebee posing on the pilot of the 2-6-0 Tahoe.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Cale

No animals plastic or otherwise were harmed in the making of this display.