 Local / United States / New York / *847 (-5)
Re: LUGs in and around the city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, Avishai Gebler wrote:
Greetings-

I'm newish to this AFOL business, and have never been part of a LUG. I would
love to meet with the other talented builders I know are in and around the area.

Given the lack of recent posting within this region, I assume there is not much
going on in the community sense around the area at the moment.

Am I wrong in this regard, and if I'm not, can we make it so I'm wrong?

- Avishai

Hi Avishai,

There are a number of AFOL's in and around NYC, but gatherings are few and far
between, unfortunately.  A few of us met a couple of times over the past few
years or so as NYCLUG but it never got off the ground or amounted to more than a
couple of fun meetings.

If you are interested in arranging something send me a private email and maybe
we can get a group together for a meet and greet and see what comes of it.

Best,

Jonathan

Re: LUGs in and around the city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:24:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, Elroy Davis wrote:
   You might try GardenSLUG in New Jersey. They are probably the closest to you.

NELUG is a fun group, but we’re a bit north of you. :)

-Elroy

I’m actually from the Boston area, but I go to school in New York. Though, I suppose if i’m ever home for an extended period of time I’ll come check y’all out.

-- Avishai

Re: LUGs in and around the city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:52:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, Avishai Gebler wrote:
   Greetings-

I’m newish to this AFOL business, and have never been part of a LUG. I would love to meet with the other talented builders I know are in and around the area.

Given the lack of recent posting within this region, I assume there is not much going on in the community sense around the area at the moment.

Am I wrong in this regard, and if I’m not, can we make it so I’m wrong?
  1. Avishai

You might try GardenSLUG in New Jersey. They are probably the closest to you.

NELUG is a fun group, but we’re a bit north of you. :)

-Elroy

Subject:
LUGs in and around the city
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:36:41 GMT

Greetings-

I'm newish to this AFOL business, and have never been part of a LUG. I would
love to meet with the other talented builders I know are in and around the area.

Given the lack of recent posting within this region, I assume there is not much
going on in the community sense around the area at the moment.

Am I wrong in this regard, and if I'm not, can we make it so I'm wrong?

- Avishai

Re: Looking for Train Contact in New York
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 20:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny, Ed McGlynn wrote:
Honestly, we get many requests for shows and displays throughout the year, but
our membership just hasn't diversified/grown enough to cover the broad Central
and Western New York area.  We have a core group that can't stretch that thinly
at the moment.  If I can assist NELUG or others with the pursuit of a permanent
layout at the museum, please let me know.

Just thought I'd follow up here.

Ed
LUCNY

Ed,

On a similar note, if you ever get requests for any upstate New York events that
might need manpower, let me know.  Though I'm a NELUGer (NELUGite?), I'm
probably as close to New York as I am to most of the NELUG events (I'm in
southwestern Vermont).  I actually drive about 3 hours to most of our events, so
a 3 to 4 hour drive isn't out of the question for me.

My daughter and I actually visited the LUCNY layout at a show in Syracuse (I
think) a couple of years back. I was busy keeping an eye on her so I didn't get
a chance to introduce myself.

-Elroy

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact