 Local / United States / Nevada / * (-5)
Subject:
Sacramento Brick Builders in the Sacramento Bee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:34:11 GMT

Hi all,
A nice article on the Sacramento Brick Builders appeared in today's (Thursday,
Feb. 3) Sacramento Bee. The Bee is the major daily newspaper for Sacramento,
CA's state capital. Link to online version:
http://www.sacbee.com/content/community_news/arden_carmichael/story/12216963p-13080951c.html

Cheers
Roy

Reminder: SacBB meeting on 1/29; Sac BEE reporter there!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:38:07 GMT

Hi all,
This is just a reminder that our monthly Sacramento Brick Builders
meeting will be this Saturday, January 29th, from 11AM-3PM, at the
Arden-Dimmick Library, 891 Watt Ave.

I spoke to a Sacramento Bee reporter this morning for quite a
while, and they will definitely have someone at our meeting to take photos
and talk to us for an article! Please bring plenty of creations and
imagination!

Roy

Subject:
SacBB October meeting 10/30
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:36:51 GMT

Hi all,
Sacramento Brick Builders' October meeting will be held Saturday, Oct. 30th,
from 10-4 at the Arden-Dimmick Library. We will have two building contests:
1. Build with the set 4101 taken home from the previous meetings. We distributed
copies of this set to paying members and have asked them to build anything using
only the parts in that set.
2. Halloween building contest. Build anything halloween related with your own
bricks, and bring it in. Paying members will be eligible for prizes and to vote
on winners in categories for those 12 and under, and 13+. Up to two entries per
contestant will be allowed.

The library is at
891 Watt Ave (cross of Northrop)

Just take highway 50 to the Watt Ave. exit and head north until you hit
Northrop. Make a left onto Northrop and the library is there on the southwest
corner.

See you all there!
Roy

Subject:
Sacramento Brick Builders meeting + BBQ on Sunday, July 18th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.nv.ren, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:31:12 GMT

The Sacramento Brick Builders July meeting will be held on Sunday, July 18th, from 10AM-2PM, at the rear patio of the Stonegate Country Club in Davis. The club is located at:

919 Lake Blvd.

Davis, CA 95616

It is about a 20-30 minute drive from downtown Sacramento. We have access to BBQ grills, so bring some food to grill! Roy will supply briquets. There is also food available just down the block, including a taqueria, pizza, and chinese food, as well as a supermarket. We will have a building contest using club brick with a theme of “summer fun”, we’ll show off creations, and play some more QuikWars, so bring your armies and terrain!

Driving directions:

From I-80: Take I-80 west (from Sacto) or east (from the Bay area) to highway 113 N. Take 113 north about 3 miles to the Covell Blvd. exit. Make a left at the top of the ramp onto Covell, and go about a mile until the first blinking red stop light. Make a left at this light onto Lake Blvd. Go past two stop signs; the club will be on your left, with the driveway just after some tennis courts. You can park on the street and walk up the driveway as well.

From I-5: From Sacto, take I-5 North towards Redding. Exit at Main St. in Woodland. Make a left at the bottom of the ramp, and go west on Main St. for 2 or lights. Make a left onto the on ramp for the 113 South towards Davis. Take 113 south to CR 31. Exit at CR 31, and make a left at the top of the ramp; you’ll be on Covell Blvd. Then follow the directions on Covell given above.

Feel free to email me with any questions!

Roy

Re: Official BrickFest PDX Hotel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.loc.us.wy, lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:04:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
   Hi All,

Well we have an official BrickFest PDX hotel, the Red Lion. Details and photos are on the BrickFest PDX web site (http://pdx.brickfest.com/hotels.php). The Red Lion is located across the northeast corner from the Oregon Convention Center, about a 3 minute walk (maybe a 1 min walk actually) from the OCC front doors. It is also directly on the MAX (PDX light rail) train line; which comes directly from the airport (less then $2.00). Newly remodeled, this is one of the nicest hotels in the area, and includes a big lobby with online PC free to guests (20 minute limit courtesy).

Special BrickFest Rate: $69/night (regular $110/night). I have heard that others have found other hotel rates for slightly cheaper (~$5/night) but they are either farther away or much lower quality (according to Steve Barile who has personally been to all of them!). We aren’t getting any kick backs from the hotel, I just think it would be a lot of fun to all be in the same place… midnight lobby parties etc…

Christina Hitchcock

Co-Coordinator BrickFest PDX

The Red Lion has just extended their $69 rate until 15 days prior to the event. So, make your reservations before the 29th.

As of right now 21 days till BrickFest PDX !!!!

I can’t wait. This is going to be a blast.

Christina Hitchcock

Co-Coordinator

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact