 Local / United States / New Jersey / 242 (-40)
  Re: 2005 Fire Pics

(...) SNIP (...) SNIP (...) how juniorized? is the truck base 1 piece or multiple large pieces? I noticed a lot of the new town vehicles in these pics have the same wheel configuration, but different distances apart. Thanks Jeff (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: 2005 Fire Pics

(...) I found both at the Valley Fair Lego store in San Jose, CA. The Fire Truck is not juniorized much. Just the base of the truck and base of the ladder. In addition to having 2 red, 2 trans yellow and 6 trans blue 1 X 1 X 2/3 Slope Tiles there (...) (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: 2005 Fire Pics

(...) the new fire station 7240. I couldn't resist buying a 7239 set since it's one of the most realistic looking fire trucks I recall LEGO ever producing (this is the point where the Town experts flame me with references to superior fire truck sets (...) (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Report: NBC10 Tech Expo

(URL) DelVaLUG's> first public exhibit, at the (URL) NBC10 Technology & Lifestyles Expo>, was a great success. The annual Expo (#4) is organized by a local TV station and features a wide variety of vendors, nonprofits and schools – Comcast, HP, (...) (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: NBC10 Tech Expo - Oct. 30th & 31st

(...) I'll be either sending things to you or coming in. Either way, you will have my support. Joe Meno NCLUG, WAMALUG, SciBrick (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  NBC10 Tech Expo - Oct. 30th & 31st

Hey gang, Just wanted to let everyone know about an oppurtunity to display at the NBC10 Tech Expo. DelVaLUG has been invited to host a display over the weekend. I know GardenSLUG has been invited as well, but I am unsure of their participation at (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Event Kit Brick - For Show

Hey GardenSLUGgers, I have a big Art Showing this week end. I'm thinking about bringing the Event Kit bricks for people to play with and experience. Is that ok will you all? The Art Show info is as follows: Jersey City Pro Arts presents: The 2004 (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Lego gathering

(...) Arrrrrg, I can't get a ride! I have AFoL comics and club brick. I really wish I could get them to you. Any last minute ideas? Please let us know how it goes and if there are any plans for another meeting. Eric Sophie (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.loc.us.nj.tre, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  Lego gathering

Thursday Sep 30 2004 6pm 73 Keller Ave Rockaway NJ send me personal email if you want more details pvandyke@pica.army.mil topics: First Lego League Robotics competition in Thomas Jefferson grade school challenge build (bring yellow xpod) shopping (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.loc.us.nj.tre, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  Re: More stores announced - NY and NJ

(...) One of the NJ stores is already open - the Rockaway store opened on September 10th. Mark P (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  More stores announced - NY and NJ

LEGO Company's Retail Division Expands throughout New York and New Jersey "LEGO Systems, Inc., the Americas division of one of the world's best-known toy brands, prepares to open three new LEGO(R) brand retail stores in the New York and New Jersey (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Rockaway Mall Lego Store open

Rockaway Mall Lego Store opened today Sep 10 Patty (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Need Help with Local---> Club---> Links

(...) Please edit this FTX Code to the following pages: ---> begin [GardenSLUG] (URL)¬ The Garden State Lego User Group¬ New Jersey Adult Fans of Lego¬ ---- ---> end Add to these pages ---> lugnet.loc.us.nj lugnet.loc.us.nj.atl lugnet.loc.us.nj.new (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Planning brick activities at Philcon

(URL) Philcon>, the annual Philadelphia Area Science Fiction Conference, is the world's oldest SF convention. It initiated a children's program six years ago, of which I assumed control in 2003; I took the opportunity to sneak LEGO bricks into the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.md, FTX)

  Re: Need Help with Local---> Club---> Links

(...) I personally prefer email for this rather than posts, especially for big requests like this one, as I've said before, but consider the request made. We'll get back to you. FUT to just lugnet.admin.curators (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Need Help with Local---> Club---> Links

Gents, ya, um, could you please help me in working towards some of the greater goals discussed at Brick Fest 04. I need your help. I want to fill a gap in our system here. If you look at this newsgroups' side bar, it has no information on how to get (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.admin.curators)

  New items of interest

New items of interest comming soon: Links to Local-US-NJ on LUGNET GardenSLUG Web Site to be updated Sub pages to explain about GardenSLUG How to get involved with GardenSLUG Membership requirements SUPPORT your Local Lego User Group! Participate (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, FTX)

  Re: Introduction..

Hey, my name's Chris as well, getting back into the brick myself. I live in Wanaque, which isn't far from Denville, was just in Denville yesterday actually. Most of my collection is packed away in Wisconsin though, but I do have a near complete (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) Hey cool.. I'll check it out. I don't want to be inviting myself in or anything, but mebbe I'll come by and see what you guys are about. I'm sort of a gamer in need of a home, myself. The people I used to hang out with are now scattered across (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) Excellent! I look forward to meeting you guys. When the painters are finally done with our house and I can make it presentable again, I'd be happy to host a get together or two. A game/building night or something. At the moment, though, our (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) I live in Rockaway Borough. I am in a game club that meets every wednesday at either Maggie's in the Rockaway mall or Fudruckers in Parsippany. My DnD group meets at the new game store on Route ten by The alexis diner, called Dark Tower. (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) Oh man, I can't beleive I over looked this message! Welcome! So you live up by Denville? Cool. We should have a meeting soon. Some of us have been getting together impromtu, but we can set up a meeting and have you over. Also, some of us are (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) There haven't been regular meetings, But a couple of us have been getting together. I think our main problem as a club is finding a place where we can get together on a regular basis. I live outside Atlantic City, and since most of the folks (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Entire Bricktopia inventory in one eBay auction...

Well, it didn't work out last time, so I'm trying again. This time, I'm altering the layout, providing more information and now, the minimum bid is only one dollar! Please feel encouraged to surf on over to (URL) place a bid for whatever you feel is (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) I'm in Morris County, the Denville area. Does anyone from GardenSLUG meet somewhat regularly? It'd be nice to get out (or stay in, I guess) and do something. I've been sorting through all my Legos, trying to get things in order, and I'm really (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) Hi Chris, nice to meet ya! (...) Although I've never played any of the LEGO games before, I'm allways interested in finding more ways to get together with fellow AFOL's. What part of Jersey are you from? Tim (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Introduction..

(...) Welcome! (...) Good deal. I'm kind of back in hiatus mode right now, but I'll never lose my interest in The Brick (particularly as it relates to games). (...) I spent a couple years suggesting a GardenSLUG BW game and there's basically no one (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.glug)

  Introduction..

Greetings! I happened upon Lugnet while scouring the web for Lego sites.. I've recently gotten back into Legos after a much-too-long hiatus. Anyway, I've been developing a game system as an excuse to play with Legos (and hook my friends into playing (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  2540 for $.99

I happened into the Odd-Job store in Parsippany, NJ this evening while waiting for my Chinese food to cook and found several (maybe forty?) 2540s at a buck each. It looks like they're selling on bricklink for $2-5. Anyway, I just thought someone (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Pick A Brick Offering at Paramus Park?

Does anyone know the current Pick-A-Brick offerings at the Lego store in Paramus Park, New Jersey? Some WAMALUGers are planning a road trip this weekend. Will anyone else be at the store on Saturday, April 24 around 1:00PM? Thanks. Bob Hayes The Bus (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) Actually, they're printed representations of minifigs on an oval disk attached to the DVDs on each lander. More info (URL) at the Planetary Society site>, here's a pic taken on Mars by the Spirit rover: (URL) Note the three titanium bricks (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) Well, I checked with MichLUG, and participating members did indeed get these (the annoying thing is that I was attending meetings, but didn't help with a show until October, so I missed out). Oddly, they are not listed anywhere that I could (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) my spelling is suxxor. (...) oh, I don't know. Its snowing today. (...) As a participating Local Lego User Group at the LEGO Make and Create, What will You Make? tour; GardenSLUG, and all the other clubs that displayed on the tour across (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) Yah, excellent schleiminess, like (URL) this pic>. I don't even recognize those octagonal pieces. (...) Thanks! Actually, I've talked with Joe Meno, he's very enthused about it. We discussed SciBrick during BrickFest PDX 2004, and I'm working (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Scheim only be produced during December, since that would actually be Schleim with Noel? (...) Biff and Sandy figs! What!?!?! Are they included just for display with the rover, or does this mean that they (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) Cool! Me2! cause' its an honor to have it around. wow. And Check the Scheim. (...) oh indeed, by all means, your site is dandy and wow, you oughta approach SciBrick with such a cool site like that! btw, you gave me an idea, I gotta break out (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

(...) OMG, I am so incredibly jealous, Eric! What a score! Great pix, can't wait for the folder to be public. I have a pic of this amazing construction on my (URL) Space Bricksploration site> and would love to feature additional pictures, like the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!

LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: on Display in N.J. !!! (2 URLs) Installation Pics!> On Display at the Paramus Park Mall Lego Store Mars Rover description, written from an offical sign "The LEGO Company first unveiled this full scale model of a Mars (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.party, FTX)

  Re: SciBrick Member Display - Mecha Designs - Lego Store - Paramus Park Mall - N.J.

(...) Hey Joe! I'm sorry I missed you! Glad you came down to the store. I'll try to be here next time if you let me know ahead of time, if you can. About the pictures. yeah, its a Mall thing. Smuggle away if you can. btw, can you give us a link to (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny.sta, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) That's a good point, everybody is yellow in a LEGO Brand Store. ;) I think that standing under that yellow brick for so long actually makes you start seeing everything blend into the color yellow. It must be a tactic used by TLC to make guests (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact