 Local / United States / New Jersey / 211
Re: LEGO Mars Exploration Rover: Installation Pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 04:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nj, Eric Sophie wrote:
   As a participating Local Lego User Group at the LEGO Make and Create, What will You Make? tour; GardenSLUG, and all the other clubs that displayed on the tour across America, were given a set of the two figs per member, as a thank you from the LEGO Company. (AKAIK)

Well, I checked with MichLUG, and participating members did indeed get these (the annoying thing is that I was attending meetings, but didn’t help with a show until October, so I missed out). Oddly, they are not listed anywhere that I could find on either Bricklink or Peeron.

   The extra weight of the two Mini-Figs should be avoided. Assuming they are still there, not melted aleady, then burry them until Fed-Ex sets up shop.

Sneak a pair of Jar-Jar minifigs along with your luggage to keep the weight roughly similar, and you’re golden. The bit about melting is a valid concern, though. How hot does it get on the solar side of Mars? ABS is toast if it ever hits 300 degrees or more. Maybe they sent metal minifigs?