 Local / United States / Maine / 180
Re: LEGO shopping in Bangor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.me
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.me, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.me, Gail Meagher wrote:
My mother is soon heading off on a bus trip for a few days of shopping
in Bangor.  I was hoping someone familiar with the area could give me
some advice on where to look for LEGO.  She is staying at the Bangor
Motor Inn, which is near a TRU (near Stillwater and the Interstate).
Any other stores in that area?

Well, Lego's store locator (I didn't even know they had one of these!) lists a
KB Toys at 663 STILLWATER AVENUE, BANGOR 04401-3674. But strangely, it doesn't
find the TRU or any Wal*Marts or Targets within 50 miles (which I'm pretty sure
there are).

http://service.lego.com/storelocator/

TRU will probably have the best selection, I'd guess, although KayBee
occasionally has older Lego on discount. And a short 5 hours south is the
nearest Lego store :)

DaveE

If she is near the TRU in Bangor she's near the major shopping there.  I would
have her check there, as well as the Walmart which is up the hill a block or so.
The other way about a block is the main part of Bangor Mall, which has (or had)
the KB Toys which Dave is referring to.  I haven't been to that KB since 2003,
so I'm not sure if it survived the last round of KB closures.  Bangor just got a
Target in 2004 or so, which I guess makes up for Ames closing, and IIRC it's
also in the same area, but I've only been back one summer since it opened, so
I'm not as familiar with it.  All of these stores are typical of others in their
chains though, so there shouldn't be any surprises.

If she wants a more Maine experience (and if she likes bargains) she should go
over the river to Marden's in Brewer.  It's one of those miscellaneous closeout
stores, and once long ago I heard Stephen King shopped there, so every time I'm
there I look, but of course have never seen him.  I've never found any LEGO
worth buying either during the times I've been in there, but she could get
lucky.

And if you look for used LEGO there's a Goodwill on Stillwater near the mall
that sometimes has some.  They also have a nice book assortment and they seem to
get new clothes and shoes that must be overstock from companies like LLBean and
Sebago.

Maggie C.