 Local / United States / Maryland / Baltimore / 10
9  |  11
Subject:
8480 Space Shuttles in MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:23:01 GMT

Adam --

I find it hard to believe that the Kingston MA TRU store had run out, because I
was there the same day, June 30th 1999, and they had 9 sets (8 after I left the
store 8-) The price was about $138 ($129.99 plus tax).

There were 3 sets on the bottom shelf, and 6 more (in two different places) on
the top-top shelf where the store keeps their "overstock". That's a total of 8
8480 Space Shuttle sets in 3 separate locations. I was there at about 8:30 PM
and the store closed at 9:30 and the odds of 8 other people buying that set in
an hour are too low for me to believe.

Sorry to bother you Baltimore folks with this but that's where Adam and Rob
Doucette were when they started this discussion <: I've put followup-to the
Boston group.

- Robert

In lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, Adam Payne writes:
Well, I was only visiting Baltimore, I'm actually living  up in Boston
(I found your message b/c it mentioned the Contruction Site).  I tried
to get a shuttle from the Kingston, MA TRU, but they were gone.  [...]