 Local / United States / Arizona / * (-20)
Re: Cactus Brick Display at Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 23:26:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:

And it’s appreciated!

Love the pics! I’m getting ‘show withdraw’ ‘cause I haven’t done a show since BrickFete last July so I’m kinda really missing hanging out amongst fantastic builds!

Thanks for satiating my need for beautiful displays!

Take care,

Dave K

DAVE,

if you were at Brickfete Montreal, you could have worked on a show this past November!

we missed you.

so all you got is pictures.

See you in July!

Re: Cactus Brick Display at Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:06:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Nate Jacobs wrote:
   Cactus Brick displayed this weekend at the Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show. Here are some pictures of the layout.

First post here in seven years. I saw Ahui Herrera’s post and Dave’s reply so I thought I would add add something to LUGNET again after all these years.

-Nate

And it’s appreciated!

Love the pics! I’m getting ‘show withdraw’ ‘cause I haven’t done a show since BrickFete last July so I’m kinda really missing hanging out amongst fantastic builds!

Thanks for satiating my need for beautiful displays!

Take care,

Dave K

Re: Cactus Brick Display at Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Nate Jacobs wrote:
   Cactus Brick displayed this weekend at the Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show. Here are some pictures of the layout.

First post here in seven years. I saw Ahui Herrera’s post and Dave’s reply so I thought I would add add something to LUGNET again after all these years.

-Nate

And it’s appreciated!

Love the pics! I’m getting ‘show withdraw’ ‘cause I haven’t done a show since BrickFete last July so I’m kinda really missing hanging out amongst fantastic builds!

Thanks for satiating my need for beautiful displays!

Take care,

Dave K

Subject:
Cactus Brick Display at Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2014 04:46:24 GMT

Cactus Brick displayed this weekend at the Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show. Here are some pictures of the layout.

First post here in seven years. I saw Ahui Herrera’s post and Dave’s reply so I thought I would add add something to LUGNET again after all these years.

-Nate

Re: New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:12:29 GMT

-snip-

This is a perfect oprotunity for us to start the first ever Phoenix area LEGO
club.
Whether it be just a user's group or a train club, we as adult LEGO fans need to
get involved. If you would like to join, or help me start a club, let me know.
Just drop a line at:  canadaclark@aol.com or see us at:  www.phxlego.org.

Cheers!

I didn't know this was already posted on Lugnet.  Anyway I added the media information  lugnet.mediawatch newsgroup.   By the way, don't be surprised if you get a letter from LEGO regarding to the use of the LEGO name in the domain.

Also if order LEGO items from 'Shop@Home' you will now be charge AZ sales tax
plus shipping.  Since you will be getting a store.

-Abner

Subject:
LEGO opening a store in Arizona
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 02:58:46 GMT

LEGO to open store in Chandler Fashion Center

Associated Press - April 26, 2008 2:14 PM ET

CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) - Danish toy-maker LEGO plans to open a store in Chandler that will sell only the popular interlocking toys.

LEGO has just 20 stores in the U.S. and the store planned for the Chandler Fashion Center will be the first in Arizona.

The store is expected to open this summer. It will sell hard-to-find products for LEGO fans, host birthday parties and monthly building contests, and allow customers to play with the toys in the store.

LEGO global operations manager Justin Tripp says the Phoenix-area has been high on the company’s planned location list. He says the area has a built-in target audience with many families and plenty of adult fans of LEGO toys.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=8231452

-end of report-

Re: New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Clark Edwards wrote:
LEGO Store Grand Opening

Coming this summer to Chandler Fashion Center, Arizona's first LEGO store!

The Chandler Fashion Center LEGO Store will feature:

Monthly in-store building contests and events that are free and fun for the
whole family!
The LEGO Pick A Brick Wall: fill up a cup with the bricks and elements of your
choice!
Hands-on building opportunities in the store, every day!
LEGO Birthday Parties with special gifts and goodies, for the ultimate LEGO fan!
Hundreds of LEGO sets and accessories, including new, exclusive and hard-to-find
items!
The biggest and best LEGO sets fully built and out of the box!
Plus, lots of special offers, free gifts with purchase and large-scale building
events!

This is a perfect oprotunity for us to start the first ever Phoenix area LEGO
club.
Whether it be just a user's group or a train club, we as adult LEGO fans need to
get involved. If you would like to join, or help me start a club, let me know.
Just drop a line at:  canadaclark@aol.com or see us at:  www.phxlego.org.

Cheers!

I just read up on this Lego store opening in AZCentral! June 27-29 is the
opening ceremony! Great, no need to go to Ontario (CA) anymore ;) Phoenix Lego
group? Interesting. Let me check that out!

Good day to all!
doeg

Subject:
New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:30:34 GMT

[...]

Subject:
New LEGO store in Arizona
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 23:04:26 GMT

LEGO Store Grand Opening

Coming this summer to Chandler Fashion Center, Arizona's first LEGO store!

The Chandler Fashion Center LEGO Store will feature:

Monthly in-store building contests and events that are free and fun for the
whole family!
The LEGO Pick A Brick Wall: fill up a cup with the bricks and elements of your
choice!
Hands-on building opportunities in the store, every day!
LEGO Birthday Parties with special gifts and goodies, for the ultimate LEGO fan!
Hundreds of LEGO sets and accessories, including new, exclusive and hard-to-find
items!
The biggest and best LEGO sets fully built and out of the box!
Plus, lots of special offers, free gifts with purchase and large-scale building
events!

This is a perfect oprotunity to start the first ever Phoenix area LEGO club.
Whether it be just a user's group or a train club, we as adult LEGO fans need to
get involved. If you would like to join, or help me start a club, let me know.
Just drop a line at:  canadaclark@aol.com.

Cheers!

Re: Hurry up, Global Warming (to my neighborhood!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:53:03 GMT

Yeah, we missed those temps by a week:-( Hey, what’s up? I was in Tucson all last week-- didn’t you this this?

AZAFOLs unite!

JOHN

FUT.us/az

Sorry - afraid that I’m firmly in my 4th and most likely permanent Dark Ages (although I have been eyeing that 8 wheel construction crane...for my kid of course “daddy, can I play with the crane now?” “just a minute”). I sold all of my lego through BL a while back and me attending a meeting would probably be depressing to all of you - lol!

Dark Agers Unite! ;-)

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:04:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

   2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening on Feb 3.

Do y’all ever get together on a Sunday?

JOHN

To my knowledge, we haven’t ever gotten together, but it’s about time, and you may be our catylist.

I don’t know Tucson well. Is there a decent restaurant co-located to a Toys-R-Us (it’s always fun to do some social lego shopping)

Let’s start planning for the evening of the 28th.

John, how late is late? You guys are coming in by plane?

Whoa, sorry about that-- I didn’t catch this response until just now.

Okay, here’s our plan. We arrive into PHX late 11pm ish this Sat night. And we have a room in Tucson Sun night. We could meet up Sunday afternoon or early eve in PHX if that is better. Where is everyone from?

JOHN

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:44:45 GMT

I unfortunately will be flying out of PHX on the 28th.  I hope you
all are able to meet up.

Nate

On Jan 17, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Aaron Sneary wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening
on Feb 3.

Do y'all ever get together on a Sunday?

[JOHN]

To my knowledge, we haven't ever gotten together, but it's about
time, and you
may be our catylist.

I don't know Tucson well. Is there a decent restaurant co-located
to a Toys-R-Us
(it's always fun to do some social lego shopping)

Let's start planning for the evening of the 28th.

John, how late is late? You guys are coming in by plane?

Aaron

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:49:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

   2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening on Feb 3.

Do y’all ever get together on a Sunday?

JOHN

To my knowledge, we haven’t ever gotten together, but it’s about time, and you may be our catylist.

I don’t know Tucson well. Is there a decent restaurant co-located to a Toys-R-Us (it’s always fun to do some social lego shopping)

Let’s start planning for the evening of the 28th.

John, how late is late? You guys are coming in by plane?

Aaron

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

   2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening on Feb 3.

Do y’all ever get together on a Sunday?

JOHN

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.az, Larry Lesser wrote:
Dec 2006 is almost over. Only 17 days left and no time for a meeting. Oh well,
maybe we can set up a meeting in Jan.

Any thoughts?

Well, February would be better for me, but if you guys pick a January date that
works, I'll see if I can get a babysitter.

Aaron

2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:02:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Larry Lesser wrote:
Dec 2006 is almost over. Only 17 days left and no time for a meeting. Oh well,
maybe we can set up a meeting in Jan.

Any thoughts?

Well, February would be better for me, but if you guys pick a January date that
works, I'll see if I can get a babysitter.

Aaron

Subject:
Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 04:27:24 GMT

Dec 2006 is almost over. Only 17 days left and no time for a meeting. Oh well,
maybe we can set up a meeting in Jan.

Any thoughts?

Re: AZAFOLS UNITE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:29:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
   Greetings!

The better part of the TCLTC (my son Ross and I) will be visiting at the end of Jan and would be keen to meet up with some AZAFOLs if there is an interest. We will be in both Tucson and Phoenix.

As an aside, we have property near Oracle on which we plan to build our retirement home, complete with a spacious LEGO room:-) But not for a few years yet:-( Ha, I’ve even thought about converting our club name from “Twin Cities” LTC to “TuCson” LTC:-)

JOHN

John, I might be able to meet up with you in Tucson in January, depending on when you’ll be here. Keep us updated on your trip plans.

Aaron Sneary

Re: Now that October has come and gone....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:50:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Nate Jacobs wrote:
Whada say we try and find a date in November or December to meet?

November 25, 26
December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17

Nate

I would prefer the 8th/9th but could do the 16/17th as well.

Tucson would be my preferred city (being in Sierra Vista, 100 miles south of
everywhere).

Looking forward to seeing people who like LEGO in AZ.

Aaron Sneary
former Master Model Builder

Re: AZAFOLS UNITE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:17:21 GMT

John,

Thank you for your email. I think meeting more people that enjoy the world of Lego is very important.

We are working on our next meeting at this time. Please check back to see when our next meeting is. We will post it with location as soon as it is finalized.

Larry

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact