 Local / United States / 312
Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:45:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Just saw this via Google News:

Selling Lego and The “Culture Code” for Germany

--SNIP--

Obviously, there are some pretty big generalizations there, but I was wondering if any German AFOLs could say if there is a ring of truth to them.

As for myself, this American kid always put the model togther first, then took it apart after a few days. What “culture” is that?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

As with all generalisations this is likely to have some degree of truth to it. The article is a little trite but the point is interesting. I’ve certainly noticed that AFOLs from different countries tend to have different building styles to the point that I can often look at a picture on BS and guess the builders location/nationality with reasonable accuracy.

Tim

X-posted to .loc.us