 General / 52729
    American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture? —Marc Nelson Jr.
   Just saw this via Google News: (URL) Selling Lego and The "Culture Code" for Germany> by Clotaire Rapaille (June 6, 2006) DNA makes a creature human, but what makes someone an American? Is there a "culture code" that programs us to become German, or (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

        Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture? —David Eaton
     (...) I guess I can't agree with the analogy, unless they're driving at something very different. American kids do NOT want to go build their own things. They follow the instructions, and they're done. True, I think the model often comes apart when (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

        Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture? —Timothy Gould
     (...) --SNIP-- (...) As with all generalisations this is likely to have some degree of truth to it. The article is a little trite but the point is interesting. I've certainly noticed that AFOLs from different countries tend to have different (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.us, FTX)

        Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture? —Gerhard R. Istok
     Well lets see there are a few things missing from this Doctors discussions.... 1) Most Lego sets from 1955-65 had one thing in common.... the picture on the box top had nothing to do with what was inside the box! 2) Until around 1965 most sets (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

         Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture? —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) Thanks Gary! It is always a joy to read some content out of an experts mind like your's! I think you have shows how completely crazy the argumentation of this "Clotaire Rapaille" is. None of the arguments seems to be based on facts but all of (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

        Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture? —Juergen Stuber
   Hi Marc, (...) no, not at all, sounds more like bullshit. (...) I guess that's pretty universal, I did that when I was a child in the late sixties and seventies, and I still do it today, along with everybody else I know. Jürgen (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)