 General / 52737
Re: American LEGO culture different than German LEGO culture?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:00:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   Well lets see there are a few things missing from this Doctors discussions....

Thanks Gary!

It is always a joy to read some content out of an experts mind like your’s!

I think you have shows how completely crazy the argumentation of this “Clotaire Rapaille” is. None of the arguments seems to be based on facts but all of them is just pure fantasy to fit into the argumentation for the social code....

I do believe that social codes may exist, but surly not that primitive as given in these (wrong) examples.

Anyway: - all my (German) friends around were doing MOCs in their childhoods. - none of them stored finished models on shelves as finished toys. - we all have never sorted our LEGO collections (of usually not more than 10.000 bricks) - we bought and wanted more because nobody has ever enough bricks for the even cooler next MOC to do (this seems to be valid for most moccing AFOLs wordwide as well).

Leg Godt!

Ben