 Local / United States / *13554 (-10)
Re: Cactus Brick Display at Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Nate Jacobs wrote:
   Cactus Brick displayed this weekend at the Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show. Here are some pictures of the layout.

First post here in seven years. I saw Ahui Herrera’s post and Dave’s reply so I thought I would add add something to LUGNET again after all these years.

-Nate

And it’s appreciated!

Love the pics! I’m getting ‘show withdraw’ ‘cause I haven’t done a show since BrickFete last July so I’m kinda really missing hanging out amongst fantastic builds!

Thanks for satiating my need for beautiful displays!

Take care,

Dave K

Subject:
Cactus Brick Display at Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2014 04:46:24 GMT

Cactus Brick displayed this weekend at the Tucson Toy Train Meet and Show. Here are some pictures of the layout.

First post here in seven years. I saw Ahui Herrera’s post and Dave’s reply so I thought I would add add something to LUGNET again after all these years.

-Nate

Re: Does anyone know of Discounted Legoland Tickets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:00:08 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
Hi those of you who still lurk on Lugnet..

We will be visiting LEGOLAND Florida during the middle of January for 1 day, And
I remember hearing about a Buy an adult ticket get a kids ticket free
deal/coupon years ago. Does anyone know if that still exists? Or does anyone
know of any other deals Besides CAA/AAA discounts.

Jeff VW

Posting to my own post...

<https://secure4.gatewayticketing.com/legolandflorida/shop/ViewItems.aspx?CG=mcdonalds&C=mcdonalds>

I found my answer on retailmenot.com

Jeff VW

Subject:
Does anyone know of Discounted Legoland Tickets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:54:08 GMT

Hi those of you who still lurk on Lugnet..

We will be visiting LEGOLAND Florida during the middle of January for 1 day, And
I remember hearing about a Buy an adult ticket get a kids ticket free
deal/coupon years ago. Does anyone know if that still exists? Or does anyone
know of any other deals Besides CAA/AAA discounts.

Jeff VW

Re: Video of B&O Museum Holiday Festival of Trains Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:45:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes wrote:
WamaLTC was at the B&O Museum in Baltimore November 23rd through the 25th, 2012.
Here is some video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM2e0TLGiys

My 3 yr old had to watch this video 5 times in a row yesterday.

It's an awesome vid!

Nice layouts!

Dave K

Subject:
Video of B&O Museum Holiday Festival of Trains Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:19:48 GMT

WamaLTC was at the B&O Museum in Baltimore November 23rd through the 25th, 2012.
Here is some video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM2e0TLGiys

Subject:
TRU Bricktober Minifig Series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 03:18:49 GMT

Got them all!

AC

Subject:
BrickCon Session Deadline 9/15 (And Virtual LEGO Room Tour Deadline)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.ca
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 02:26:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The BrickCon 2012 Presentation/Session/Activity schedule is being
finalized this weekend before the program goes to press, so if you'd like
to give a talk/moderate a roundtable/run an activity I need a title,
description, and requirements by September 15, this Saturday.

Also due this Saturday are Audio/Visual stuff associated with a
presentation (such as PowerPoint presentations, videos, or projected
images) which need to go to Nicole, our AV master.  Contact me for her
e-mail.

Relatedly, the Virtual LEGO Room Tour, hosted by Carlyle Livingston, will
be returning to BrickCon this year.
        http://news.lugnet.com/events/nwbrickcon/?n=419
Basically, this will be a roundtable where people bring pictures of their
Lego storage/build/sorting areas and do a show and tell.  Since
those are projected images they will also need to be taken and sent to
Nicole by the end of Saturday.

BrickCon is an annual adult Lego fan convention and exhibition in Seattle
since 2002.  BrickCon 2012 will be October 4, 5, 6, and 7 at the Seattle
Center Exhibition Hall and Northwest Rooms
        http://www.brickcon.org/builders

--
Thomas Garrison

Subject:
FREE China Service for 8 with a purchase of LEGO DVD (Michigan residents only)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:57:08 GMT

OK.... this is going to be the strangest LEGO offer ever on LUGNET...

I have four 8 settings dinner service that I've been wanting to sell.  They're
too heavy to ship to sell on EBAY... and the folks in North Carolina
(Replacements Ltd.) only offer $2 per piece for everything that you want to sell
them... whether it's expensive Royal Doulton China or anything.  The bother of
packing this and shipping it to the Replacements Ltd. folks isn't worth the
bother.

So I'm offering a china place setting for 8 (8 cups, 8 saucers, 8 salad plates,
8 soup bowls, 8 dinner plates, a sugar & creamer, and a large vegetable serving
bowl) plus 5 extra serving pieces...  ALL FOR FREE... to any Michigan resident
who buys one of my LEGO DVD downloads... for $29.95 total.  That's something
like 55 cents per piece for this UNUSED china.

It's a Nautical pattern (great for Michigan) that shows the Compass Rose (as
seen on all modern and historical maps), and the cups, sugar & creamer all have
a similar almost Art Deco design.

Here's the pattern (and yes the sugar and creamer are selling at $17.95 each)...
http://search.replacements.com/texis/search?mode=&opts=&pr=Meta_20120806&dropXSL=html&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=0&rwfreq=0&rlead=1000&rdepth=0&sufs=1&order=ClientCount-d&query=Victoria+%26+Beale+Montana&submit=Submit

This is at least a $200-$300 service... (these are UNUSED).  But these were
bought long ago for a Heslop store closeout... and I'm tired of them taking up
so much space.

The catch is... you have to come to my house in St. Clair Shores MI to pick them
up, and then I will send you the LEGO DVD download.

All for $29.95.

Also, I'll include Windsor Ontario (and environs) to the geography extent.

The only prices I have besides the sugar and creamer are these 2 pieces...
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/VBEMON.htm#2188184

And if you want to buy 2 or 3 or all 4 settings of 8... help yourself...  I may
have some actual DVDs left over into the mix.

Like I said... this is a strange offer... but since Michigan is a Nautical area,
this service is perfect for a soiree on the quarterdeck of your pleasure craft!
:)

If anyone wants to order...
http://legocollectorsguide.weebly.com/

If by chance you want a DVD... DO NOT pick a selection involving mailing... if
you're going to pick it up... why would you want to pay a mailing charge? :)

Cheers,
Gary

P.S.  I would even include as far away as Toledo... and like I said... if
someone wants to buy a place setting of 16 versus just 8... help your self! :)

Re: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:17:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I was in the Carosel Mall today and Came across a Small LEGO Store Selling
LEGOS. Apparently they are working together with one of the bookstores. I was
told depending on HOW GOOD things work out and sales they might go for a FULL
FLEDGED STORE!!!! I mentioned LUCNY and told them who I was and mentioned a
LAYOUT. While I expected a little more support Im sure if I talk to the Manager
who wasn't there it would be good....  If we can come up with something I think
we can get more support in the near future!!!

If you get some Time go to the mall and make a Ruckus about the Lego Place. Im
not going to say its any better then Toys R Us but at least we got something to
start with. The two woman there were suprised to know that there was a Lego
Users Group in CNY. This might be a good thing. The thing we have all been
waiting for!

its in the basement floor next to the UP escalators! across from finishline!

ENJOY!!
Wayne

...I'll have to check it out and introduce myself as well, so they know
you're not totally whacked, Wayne!  Grown people playing with LEGO bricks,
indeed - and the buggers have formed a user group?!

That's a pretty good location, I guess.  I've talked to the manager of the
Dawsonville, GA LEGO store there, where they too set up a test run store in
a mall, and have kept it going for a couple of years now.  They had good
visibility in the mall, and they seem to boom around the holidays, of
course.  Nice that we have one locally to support.

Ed

Just to close the loop and dust off an ancient thread...
LUCNY's building the Brand Ribbon and initial retail sets for the launch of the
LEGO Retail store in Eastview Mall, Victor, NY, scheduled for April 6th!

Ed

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact