 Local / United Kingdom / 6907
Re: New wagon prices up - who wants to set up grey imports from Germany?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:11:43 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGppFM.EDz@lugnet.com...

OK. I suppose the place to start is to find out who wants what, and what the
costs will be.

Depending on costs, I expect I shall want 2 of everything.

Anyone else?

We can do this individually and without consultation.
As Lego dont offer a bulk discount, there is no advantage of us clubing together.

Though there might be a little bit in shipping, I dont know.
There is shipping cost from Lego to Torsten
Then shipping cost from Torsten to us. Hopefully this would be avoided, at least for some, if he attends the fest. (he
could bring it all over and I can reship it in UK to those who dont attend which would reduce costs)

Because of the way shop@home works, you are able to submit an order and pay for it yourself, but have it delivered to
someone in another country, and importantly in this case, pay the local country price.

So, as long as Torsten is willing to accept several parcels, we can each do our own thing.
No money need change hands or anything.
Apart from giving Torsten something for his trouble

Torsten, an obvious way for us to say thankyou would be to include something in the order for you personally. Say I
order some wagons, and I include a packet of bulk bricks for you

Where people might want to club together I suppose is where folks only want a limited number - like 1 or 2 sets.

The wonderful Jon D Hayward service might accomodate this though. Listening Jon?
In the same way he bought umpteen My Own Train sets to the portsmouth fest.

I would be willing to do same for me TVLF fest. i.e. order up a number of sets for folks attending.

Again this is really dependent on the good will of Torsten. If I remember, he came on the plane to the fest last time.
Not the ideal way to bring large quantities of sets with him.

Anyone want to include cigarettes and whisky while we are at it?
Sorry, only kidding :-)  Dont smoke myself, and wouldnt condone smuggling!

regards
lawrence