 Local / United Kingdom / 6899
Re: New wagon prices up - who wants to set up grey imports from Germany?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:25:40 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGnyGp.8Ct@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Anyone have a German contact for a bulk order in time for the TVLF perhaps?

How does this work? Can they be bought in Germany, but Lego mails them to
the UK?

No. As you have probably seen
You can order for any country for dispatch to that country, and pay in their local currency.
You cannot order in DM for shipment to UK.
In this way Lego very conveniently maintain their price differentials.

I would have to struggle to think of another e-commerce site I use that ships internationally, but sets different prices
for each country. It is much more common that they just use their own local currency regardless of the customers origin.
No doubt there are some, just havent used em.

Unfortunately, Lego seems to have killed off (I am not saying deliberately) any competitive e-commerce source for Lego.
The problems of the e-commerce industry are probably largely to blame, but it cannot help to have Lego competing against
you with exclusives, such a broad inventory,  and of course a much higher profit margin (as their is no intermediary)

regards
lawrence