 Local / United Kingdom / 2210
2209  |  2211
Subject:
Exclusionary Themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 06:54:53 GMT

Can we go back to being a happy little stress-free group? The American rivalry
started off cutely, but in reality it is a very real form of prejudice, and
therefore not very cute at all.

The problem being that with any form of group mentality more and more people
start taking it seriously, which has an interesting feedback effect. See
Dawkins for a more in-depth discussion of memes and why prejudicial ideas in
particular flourish.

It's just hit a bit of a raw nerve, thats all.

Richard