 Local / Luxembourg / * (-5)
Subject:
FREELUG Activities at Legoworld 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:02:14 GMT

Dear LUG friends, we're happy to confirm that our French Enthusiast LUG
(Freelug) will participate for the first time at the Legoworld 2003 in
Zwolle.

We would like to present you two of our projects that we will show at the
Legoworld 2003 :

Mindstorm "Sumo fight" :
http://club.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=146
Modular skyscreaper construction "Brickciel" :
http://brickerik.free.fr/brickciel/index.php?langue=en

If you'd like to join us for any of these projects, feel free to prepare
your constructions and do not hesitate to contact us at
legoworld2003@freelug.org

Hope to see you in Zwolle,

--
BERGAMO Jean-Louis <jlb@freelug.org>
http://www.freelug.org/

Subject:
Information participation LEGO®WORLD 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:44:37 GMT

Information and instructions for exhibiters/volunteers

General

The coordinators are Paul Koelewijn and Paul Wolters.

Communication within De Bouwsteen:
Coordinator Paul Koelewijn
+31(0)644 038 897
+31(0)251 232 002
paullego@wanadoo.nl

Communication with LEGO and IJsselhallen:
Coordinator Paul Wolters
+31(0)618 885 770
+31(0)43 363 802 2
paulwolter@home.nl

Volunteers
Coordinator Paul Wolters
Volunteers are primarily Members of De Bouwsteen
You will get instructions from Paul what you have to do for that moment of the
day.
Some of the work will be:
· Assist De Bouwsteen
o Watch the MOC's
o Give information to public like building-engineering,architecture e.d.
o Keep an eye on stealing and fire-watch
o Lets the trains rolling e.d.
o Mindstorms
o LDraw
o Video/Film room
o Fatigue duty

· Assist the LEGO-company with all kind of work
o Building contest: helping the youngsters, keep a eye on stealing,
         put the bricks back on the table, end of the day;
         "remodelling public-MOC's", so we can make a fresh start the next
         morning.
o Cleaning windows of the LEGO-show-models boxes etc.
o Assist to several points of LEGO-events, like: Bob the Builder,
         Sports, Bionicle, Drome-races e.a., Jump pillows, R.C. cars tracks
o Fatigue duty
On some duty's you will co-work with LEGO employees, Bob the Builder is normally
only for The Bouwsteen volunteers.

Renate Ouweneel (IJsselhalen) is the over-all manager on this event. In the LEGO
hall there will be also 2 LEGO employees managing there and our staff (Roland
and Tanja)

Exhibitors
Coordinator Hans Beuze
+31(0)615 340 423
+31(0)572 354 543
hansbeuze@home.nl
On 16 October the exhibiters can place their MOC's
You may leave on October 21 after 17:00!
Half of the time each day the exhibiters will do the jobs like described as
above.

Symposium European Federation
Coordinator Eric Brok
+31(0)651 684 377
+31(0)599 287 016
ericbrok@zonnet.nl
On 19 October there will be a symposium about the necessity to form a European
Federation or not.
To be able to organize events like Zwolle, LEGO asked the cooperation of the De
Bouwsteen.
Because our club is large and we have members from 5 till 95 years who do all
kinds of things with LEGO, it wasn't difficult to organize this event. But to be
copy this and do it in other countries will be difficult. Small clubs are not
familiar with organizing big events and are related to most one part of LEGO,
like Mindstorms or trains.
We want the clubs to unite and help each other of any kind of things, related at
LEGO bricks.
Time and place of the symposium will be announced later.

Security
Coordinator Peter van Es
+31(0)641 459 261
+31(0)43 363 802 2
paulwolter@home.nl
Before and after the opening hours there is a professional security watch.
If you see someone stealing, do not intervene, but call or get/ask Peter van Es!

Staying overnights
Coordinator Paul Koelewijn
To stay overnight will be free for foreigners as exhibiter/volunteer.
If extra family is coming with you, the overnight cost 15,00euro per person per
night.
We are sleeping in 6 person vacation houses. It might be possible that there
will be more people sleeping in. The beds are 1 person and 2-persons (in a 2
persons-room)
Notice: you will sleep with someone else in the same room.
The only extra costs are 6,50euro for a sheet/towel package, but you can take it
from home too.
There is a refrigerator, cooking-place, coffeemaker, TV etc.
See it at http://www.leemkule.nl
If you are not a volunteer or exhibiter and we have enough space you can stay
overnight for 35,00euro per person per night.

LDraw
Coordinator Jaco van der Molen
+31(0)642 202 362
+31(0)252 211 703
jmolen@zonnet.nl
There will be presentations and demonstrations on a big screen with a beamer,
trials and education with notebooks. At some moments of the day Eric Brok will
give a demonstration/education of opinionated building with bricks.

Mindstorms e.d.
Coordinator Martijn Boogaarts
+31(0)648 757 804
+31(0)361 261 456
mboogaar@baan.com
There will be huge and continuous demonstrations of Mindstorms, Spybotics e.d.
This year we are also trying to get FLL (first LEGO leaque). Since Holland is
not a core country this will be a demonstration only).

Miniland
Coordinator Hans Beuze

Trains
Coordinator Erwin van Grinsven
+31(0)651 854 444
vangrinsven@parelnet.nl

MOC's
Coordinator Hans Beuze

General
The IJsselhallen is smoke-free area. Visitors are only allowed to smoke in the
restaurant. Employees and volunteers are not allowed to smoke where the visitors
can see it.
(there will be a special smoking area for the volunteers)

In the last two years we had NO steeling from our exhibiters and
second-hand-sellers. However LEGO itself had a huge amount missing things the
first year. Last year it was less, but still too much. The public still used
their fingers to look and unlucky a exhibiter too; he was removed.
It must be clear to all of our people to keep their hands in their pockets.
Otherwise they will removed from the event and will be discharged from the club.

We expect that you stay all days of the exhibition.

A barrier of 69 cm high will secure all exhibiters-places.

The emergency exits and equipments must stay free.

The price of (extra) tickets for the members of the De Bouwsteen and foreign
exhibiters (only family) are 8.50euro with a maximum of four. And
all-days-tickets are 18euro.
For visitors only, you can sell your ticket(s) at http://www.legoworld.nl,
starting 27th August 2003.
The ticket-price is 12.95euro and all-day-tickets 26,95euro.
Children from 3 years and older have to buy a ticket. Children younger than 3
years are free, but have to register.

You can arrange your tables on October 16  from 9 am until 5 pm.
You have to register if you need more time, than you can stay till 7 pm.
At all other days the IJsselhallen will open for us at 9.30 am.
Before you come in, you need a badge, which you get from Peter van Es, our
security-officer.

Because we arrive early in the IJsselhallen, you will have breakfast in the
IJsselhallen.
During the day there is a special place where you can sit, drink, eat and rest.
For smokers there will be a separate place for them to smoke.

On October 17 we will organize a Dinner-party, near the IJsselhallen at a
Chinese restaurant.
The costs will 12,50euro per person. Drinks are own account.

The other days you are free to plan you dinner at any time and place.
But mostly, like last years, will to find a nice place to eat together or in
small groups in Zwolle.

Feel free for questions or participation to: paullego@wanadoo.nl

Hasta LuEGO, Paul Koelewijn, President De Bouwsteen

Subject:
Ordering Tickets LEGO®WORLD 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:00:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

You can order, by Internet, your ticket(s) for LEGO®WORLD 2003.

Its not possible to buy at the cash(pay)desk! You need the ticket(s) in advance.

The cost are for one-day-ticket 12,95euro and for all days 26,95euro.

Go to http://www.legoworld.nl
Click on the banner (kaartjes voor)LEGO WORLD-->click on Ja-->Click the date you
want (if you want all-day-tickets, click on 17th)-->fill in how many-->click on
IN MY POCKET-->overview of your order-->click on BETALEN-->fill in your address
and country e.d.-->choose Mastercard or Visa-card-->fill in your cardnumber,
validdate, cvc2-code and emailaddress in. (cvc2-code are the last 3 numbers at
the back-side of your creditcard)

Succes, see you.
Paul Koelewijn, President De Bouwsteen.

p.s. we expect on 10th Sept. a English version, (we hope)

Subject:
European Federation of LEGO user groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.ee, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.gi, lugnet.loc.bg, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.is, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.at
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:39:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello everybody,

De Bouwsteen is the Dutch LEGO users group and has currently almost 600
members. Amongst other activities, we organize three club events a year
and we are also actively participating in LEGO world, the biggest LEGO
event of Europe, with in the year 2002 over 37000 visitors in five days.

We would like to get in contact with as much as possible other LEGO user
groups in Europe (or people who are interested in starting up a LEGO
user group) to discuss the possibility of forming an European Federation
of LEGO user groups.

The purpose of this European Federation of LEGO user groups is to
exchange information about the organization of the different LEGO user
groups, the organization of events, as well small events as big events
like LEGO world, and also to synchronize agenda's to minimize the
overlap of events in different countries.

Another advantage of an European Federation of LEGO users group is that
it will be easier to communicate with LEGO and that white gaps are being
identified.

If you would like to discuss about the possibiliteis of an European
Federation of LEGO user groups, please contact me, Paul Koelewijn.

Hasta LuEGO,

Paul Koelewijn
President 'De Bouwsteen'

FreeLUG : a new LEGO association in FRANCE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.bg, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.ca.qc
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:41:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Bonjour a tous

(english part after fench).

Je me permet d'utiliser le Cross Post pour vous annonce
la creation d'une association regroupant les passionnes
de LEGO en France.

Les statuts ont ete depose la semaine derniere sous
le nom de FreeLUG (French Enthusiast Lego User Group).

Le but de cette association est evidement de parler
LEGO, de se rencontrer, de faciliter les echanges
entre francophones de tous pays.

Pour nous retrouver :
http://www.freelug.org

Un canal de discussion en francais a egalement ete
creer sur IRC. #freelug sur irc.freelug.org
Il est egalement disponible via interface web :
http://www.freelug.info/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

Pour plus de renseignement, n'hesitez pas a me
contacter a l'adresse : contact@freelug.org

En esperant vous lire, voir prochainement.
Gael

===

I' using the X-post to announce the creation of a
LEGO association in France.

FreeLUG stands for French Enthusiast Lego User Group.

The goal of this group is of course to talk about LEGO,
to meet each other, to facilitate exchanges between
french speackers from all over the world. Of course
english speackers are also welcome :)

To find us, please visit :
http://www.freelug.org

A french speaking IRC channel has also been created for
the association: #freelug on irc.freelug.org
It can also be accessed by a web interface:
http://www.freelug.info/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

If you want more information, please contact us at
contact@freelug.org.

Hope to see you soon.

Gael

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact