 Local / India / * (-5)
Subject:
Funskool to distribute LEGO toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.in
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 01:52:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Funskool in India to distribute LEGO toys

By S Shyamala May 24 2010, Chennai

Toys manufacturer Funskool (India) announced on Monday that it has acquired exclusive rights to distribute the LEGO range in the country. In the initial phase, the company will import the main categories of the range including LEGO Duplo, City, Creator, Racers and Starwars from Europe.

“The distribution of Denmark’s LEGO toys began in April and the products are now available across leading toy retail outlets in the country,” said R Jeswant, vice-president, sales and marketing of Funskool. Depending on future demand and requirements, further categories will be added.

LEGO products consist of colourful interlocking plastic bricks and an array of gears and connecting parts to form structures that can be fully dismantled. The toys are sold in over 130 countries. Funskool plans campaigns on TV and print media to promote LEGO products, Jeswant said. The initiatives will also be backed by on-ground activities such as conducting games for children in retail outlets.

“Funskool ended 2009-10 with a turnover of about Rs 60 crore (growth of 28 per cent over the previous year). According to our internal estimates, the organised toys market in India is worth Rs 1,500 crore growing at about 10 per cent to 15 per cent every year,” he added.

The company is a joint venture between MRF and the multinational toy manufacturer Hasbro. Transformers, NERF, PlayDoh, Playskool and Monopoly are among the brands Funskool markets on behalf of Hasbro in India.

Apart from the complete range of toys from its US-based joint venture partner, the company also represents the Japanese toy maker Tomy in India. Its portfolio also includes board games and puzzles from Walt Disney, Warner Bros, Dora, Doraemon and Noddy.

mydigitalfc.com

-end of report-

Subject:
It's here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.in, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:33:20 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Deeplinks:

Full Gallery, post-mod:

Well, it’s been 5 months, and in the end, I got tired of trying to make a gearbox for this thing. The more I tried, the more frustruated I became, and as many over here have said, “If you’re not enjoying it, don’t do it.”
So I let go off the gearbox idea for now-- Maybe when my skillz are more like teh ~ROSCO, I’ll give it another shot. Till then, enjoy the rest.

Legoswami

MOC: WAP-5 Class
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.in
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:11:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Indian Railways WAP-5 Class (ABB-Adtranz design):

(Click for gallery, post mod)

Real world images: http://www.irfca.org/photos/search.php?=&searchstring=WAP-5

Sloppy job on the red stripes. Cut the stripe stickers that go around the slope bricks freehand. I also should have raised the top one by one plate more, but hey, you all know I’m lazy. This has actually been sitting around for months (some of you know that too), I only had the inclination to take photos today.

Still, the panto design is new (from what I’m aware of) and I thought the top in general turned out nice. Notice the lack of muck on it as well. There’s also a concealed switch for the battery box, which powers the lights in the front and at the back. See if you can find it. MOCPage will be up ASAP, after the BS gallery is moderated. Stay tuned.

Legoswami

Subject:
Modelling Indian Railways In Lego- A tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.in
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:40:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi All,
I had briefly mentioned that I had written up a very basic tutorial on modelling
Indian Railways in Lego in my first post. Okay, so I think I'd better give some
background on this. There are no RTR models or kits made of Indian Trains,
stock, etc available anywhere that have been made by any of the major model
railroad players. But with lego, theres no limit, so it is the ideal choice. So
about a month ago as we were discussing this on our mailing list at Yahoo:
(Indian Railways Fan Club) very kindly gave me the chance do a write-up on
modelling Indian Railways in lego. This has been a lego project of mine for
nearly a year now, in which I thought I'd learnt enough to be doing this, so I
gladly accepted. So without further ado, I present:

http://www.irfca.org/articles/samarth/model-bricks.html

I've cross posted to .publish because I'd like to know whether I'm in line with
the Fair-Play policy, whether I've left out any credits etc, because I've linked
to quite a few pages from brickshelf, MOC pages etc. of the masters and their
work. But the stuff in the doc itself is by me, the models are mine, (they
include some pics of project 3 foot thing too!) and the CAD images are also
mine. The coding is by Satish Pai, webmaster, and Bharat Moro (thanks guys!)

For the most part, the CONTENT is done with, and only a few cosmetic changes
remain.

PLEASE LMKWYT

Samarth

Subject:
Is anybody out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.in
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:37:23 GMT

Hello,
I am assuming that if anyone had subscribed to this newsgroup long ago will be
still (hopefully) be listening. (TO KISHIN WADHWANI) Mail me at my address above
please.

Samarth

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact