 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 76

Subject:
Meeting here in Ottawa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:48:14 GMT

I propose we meet here in Ottawa to look at starting a LUG.

The agenda will be simple, first we introduce ourselves, then we talk, eat some
food, talk some more, show off a few MOC's, decide if we want to meet again. We
can begin the process of picking a name too.

OK, the next thing we need is a time and a place. I propose a Friday evening
and the location to be a restaurant (so nobody has to cleanup, at least those
not getting paid :-)

Me, I live in the Eastend near Blair and Ogilvie. I figure we can meet either
east or west of Downtown in the former City of Ottawa (After all it is easier
to park than Downtown itself). We should also keep it close to the Queensway in
case we wanna go shopping. :-)

The restaurant should have a wide selection of food to accomodate varying
tastes and should not be too expensive i.e. about $7.00 or $8.00 for a
hamburger platter or club platter. Also I prefer if they don't have a
drive-thru. :-)

How about something near Playvalue? What restaurants are out there?

Jude

This post is for anyone who can, may, and/or wants to attend.

Re: Meeting here in Ottawa