 Local / Australia / 4768

Re: The Wobbegong sails forth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 05:15:47 GMT

Any pictures? (And how can we help the ex-Melbourne islanders?)

ROSCO

Kerry Raymond <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message
I finally finished my pirate vessel The Wobbegong last weekend.

Re: The Wobbegong sails forth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:17:09 GMT

Any pictures? (And how can we help the ex-Melbourne islanders?)

I intend to try to get some pictures, but I have the world's worst digital
camera -- most close-up photos are too blurry to use. I might end up doing
35mm (since I've got a near-full roll to D&P anyway).

As for the Islanders? Well, what can I say? You were there; you stood by
while these innocent people were sold off like cattle in a market. None of
you MUGS gave any thought to their future in the pirate-ridden shores of
Queensland. None of you said "No, Sue Ann, don't do it! Can you really trust
Kerry not to build a pirate ship to prey upon these islanders?"

If you really want to help them, then I'm sure they'd be grateful for a
replacement monkey and parrot. If you want to keep those pirates from coming
back, perhaps you could send a few castles, purely for defensive purposes
you understand.

On second thoughts, I suppose I could give them Chewbacca; there'd be a lot
more meat on him than the monkey.

Kerry

Re: The Wobbegong sails forth
   I've xposted this to .pirates because, well, we in .pirates
   love pirates and we love you (awwww) but a few of the .pirates
   folks don't (gasp) check .loc.au...

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Any pictures? (And how can we help the ex-Melbourne islanders?)

I intend to try to get some pictures, but I have the world's worst digital
camera -- most close-up photos are too blurry to use. I might end up doing
35mm (since I've got a near-full roll to D&P anyway).

   I'm looking forward to it!  It's definitely and indubitably
   true that a decent Pirate ship can be made without Piratey
   bits.

As for the Islanders? Well, what can I say? You were there; you stood by
while these innocent people were sold off like cattle in a market. None of
you MUGS gave any thought to their future in the pirate-ridden shores of
Queensland. None of you said "No, Sue Ann, don't do it! Can you really trust
Kerry not to build a pirate ship to prey upon these islanders?"

If you really want to help them, then I'm sure they'd be grateful for a
replacement monkey and parrot. If you want to keep those pirates from coming
back, perhaps you could send a few castles, purely for defensive purposes
you understand.

   I'll see if I can find any zappy things when I get home.
   Nuthin' says luvin' like superior firepower!

On second thoughts, I suppose I could give them Chewbacca; there'd be a lot
more meat on him than the monkey.

   Yes, but monkeys don't smell like Wookiee.  Perhaps a bit of
   seafood (genus Jarjar, species Binkus) would be better...after
   all, you've got the designer of the Patented Magnificent Jar
   Jar Spit [tm] right there in your own backyard.  Well, not
   literally, unless Peter's had a bit of trouble with the rent.

   [.pirates folks, read back in the thread for the ship descrip...]

   best

   Lindsay

Re: The Wobbegong sails forth