 Local / Australia / 14382
14381  |  14383
Subject:
9V Train Parts GONE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:30:24 GMT

Hi all
I wonder if our astute Australian Lego Ambassadors could enlighten us Adult
Train Groups and members about what has happened to the Train Coupler Magnets
and parts??
Some threads in other forums are showing a stupid picture of a new ONE PIECE
ITEM and saying that the old stock and references to it have been removed from
the Lego shops??

I still can't grasp the full story but if it is so I think we (the Adult Train
Users) deserve an answer and that is what you guys are supposed to do after all
you are OUR Ambassadors?? Or are you Ambassadors for Lego wrapped up to look
like Ambassadors for the adult Lego community??

Some questions I have about what I have read so far, Tim did you have any help
in designing this new item? As I saw a post by you showing a Technic
"replacement" that you recommended we use?? This indicates to me that you really
didn't want to enter the thread debate about the coupler but just offer some
alternate so as not to be seen as questioning Lego about their decision??

What about Ritchie and ROSSCO what do you guys know about this "snap" decision
by Lego without even a hint or preview to the Adult Train Users of the world let
alone Us poor small Australians??

It actually starts to give me a view that you guys are "in Bed" so to speak with
Lego and don't want to rock the boat for our cause even though it is a lost one
anyway??

This just looks to be Lego's way of speeding up the finish of 9V Trains as a
whole not just in the format that we see it.
Have you guys ever sent out survey's to Australian Adult Lego Community for
feedback on what we might like to see Lego do??
After all we are customers of Lego too (not just the little kids out there) and
you are appointed to interact between Lego and the community aren't you??

Perhaps you have some news about the direction that Lego is moving in the future
and you might feel like sharing it over the cyber link so we can all know where
we are going especially in the Train fraternity as it looks to me like we are
going backward not forward??

Please guys some answers to us all would be great if you could/
after all you are Ambassadors.

Cheers
Peter Parsons
#348 Ex Brisbane Lego Train Group (the first Australian Train Group formed)