 Local / Australia / 14390
Re: 9V Train Parts GONE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 01:38:49 GMT

--snip--

Some questions I have about what I have read so far, Tim did you have any help
in designing this new item? As I saw a post by you showing a Technic
"replacement" that you recommended we use?? This indicates to me that you really
didn't want to enter the thread debate about the coupler but just offer some
alternate so as not to be seen as questioning Lego about their decision??

--snip--

Actually my contribution was mainly there to offset people's complaints by
offering an alternative solution. I assume that the new coupler design was
created to stop TLG getting sued when someone's child swallows a magnet but I
could be wrong. As with any 'obvious' decision there is bound to be some sort of
complex and grand conspiracy behind it.

As for knowledge, forewarning and bed-sharing (quite frankly there's many people
I'd rather do this with than Lego but YMMV) I, as with the Ambassadors and other
involved persons, have an NDA to worry about and also don't necessarily know
that much. As Richie points out all the information that can be passed on has
been passed on through many different channels.

However, in order to best show my care and compassion for the community I'm
going to lift the lid on one of the grand conspiracies of AFOL involvement with
TLG... the fans are a very, very small part of TLGs decision making process. We
can offer guidance but the ultimate decisions are made with children in mind. If
you play with a toy you have to accept that it's a toy designed for children.

So you can read what you choose into what you choose and complain about what you
choose. I'll just continue to use my construction toys to construct things under
the constraints of a construction toy.

Yours,

Tim