 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4391
Re: Why not a cypress tree in the Legends re-release of 6390?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:12:55 GMT

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

The slider was originally made of the old non-electric train rails,
right?  I suspect that mold isn't available.  So they're probably
substituting tiles instead, or some other part that is available.

[ ... snipped ... ]

The old style rails are currently in production for the HP Gringott's Bank
set.  However, looking at the 6390 scans, they are not used for the slider:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6390/6390-06.html

My guess is that the old slider method isn't as smooth as what they have
offered recently and want to improve on the set design.

Mike

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot