 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4400
4399  |  4401
Subject:
sliders (was: Re: Why not a cypress tree in the Legends re-release of 6390?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:36:54 GMT

Question: If we are changing the sliders, what of the "Legoland Hotel" sign
for the top of the building once completed? It was made of the same part.

Hmmmm...

--
Drew Croke
Proprietor, Lugged Mountain Outfitters
"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message
[snip]

My guess is that the old slider method isn't as smooth as what they have
offered recently and want to improve on the set design.

Well the real reason (pure speculation, but the only thing that makes • sense) is
that the current road plates (grey or green) have wider roads and as a • result
narrower stud areas.  Simply put, the original sliding "rails" are too • wide.
Everything else in the set will fit with out problems on the current road
plates.

-Mike Petrucelli