 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3847
Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 23:21:29 GMT

I just wonder whether lego just want to control business or they realised
that these sets actually have a wide interest.

If this is the first one, then I hope the future will be brighted up with
more....

Sonnich
www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.castle, Paul Hanson writes:
Hi everyone -

I was just fooling around on lego.com and found something that may be of
interest:

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=
%7B7B7F061E%2DEE40%2D11D5%2D8027%2D0008C7CAA0DE%7D

I've not heard of this, and a quick search here on Lugnet didn't turn up
anything - is this a new, heretofore unknown release?

Well, it's not heretofore unknown per se:

http://www.brickmania.com/store_pages/CastleKits.html#anchor1309931

It's just heretofore unknown as a *LEGO* release. :-)

It is particularly fitting that this has come to light on the very day • that
is arguably the Guild of Bricksmiths anniversary, since it was on 13
December 1999 that Kevin and I got down to brass tacks to hammer out the
details of founding the Guild (as related here)

http://www.bricksmiths.com/guild_history.html

of the idea spawned here on LUGNET after I announced my custom hopper kit.

http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=610

Dan has been one of our staunchest and most prolific members almost from • the
very start. It may well not be a coincidence (if I know Jake and Brad) • that
this came to light on this particular day.

Bravo, Dan!!!