 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 220
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:09:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Brad Justus writes:

And to our friends in Australia and New Zealand (especially, but also Japan
and the rest of the Asian Pacific Rim)  – we hear you! We’re working hard to
extend this service to you, but I am sure you realize the logistical hurdles
which must be leapt (high shipping costs, customs, etc); we are endeavoring to
find a solution that is as great a value to you as Shop at Home has been to
our US and Canadian customers. I do not yet have a timetable for you, but I
have made it a priority to bring this service to you; if we can make even a
limited offering to you by the end of the year we will. But we will not launch
LEGO Shop at Home (or any direct-to-you initiative) until we are certain that
we can do so in a manner which meets your (and our) high expectations.

Thanks Brad,
For addressing the specific questions we posed in our original responses.
It was great to see Australia mentioned, we are aware that Lego has influences
outside their control working against them in a market like ours.
If you ever get LSAH happening down here, we'll build a shrine in your honour.
(out of Lego of course)

pete white <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>