 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 199
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:13:37 GMT

"John J. Ladasky Jr." wrote:

I just visited the Lego Direct web page, and you're off to a good start.  There
are some elements that I can order right away.  I'm looking forward to seeing
the broader selection of parts and colors as the service matures.  As you
expand, please don't forget that 1 X 1, 1 X 2, and 1 X 3 bricks (and plates, and
tiles) are also useful!

I would argue that the LARGEST and SMALLEST bricks/tiles/plates are more useful - we
can get the "standard" sizes in sets and tubs/buckets in decent amounts, but the
very large and very small are scarce.

The very large are useful for large structures without having to stack multiple
layers of plates.

The very small are useful for details.

But it was a VERY nice start - I'll have enough trees for my train layout soon ;-)
I just ordered $200 worth of stuff.  A very small order (especially for me), but
it's just a start to my orders, as they add more parts, I'll spend more (LOOK OUT if
they ever offer garage doors in multiple colors!).

It would be very nice if they offered TRUE train windows and glass, though <hint,
hint>.  Both 1x4x3 AND 1x2x3.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/