 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 200
199  |  201
Subject:
Orders for non-US (was Re: bulk ordering is here!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:21:31 GMT

I'll make the same offer I have always made - I will order things at cost plus
shipping.  I wouldn't MIND if extra money was thrown my way for the hassle of
repacking and shipping, but I won't require it.

The rules:
The order MUST be paid for before I place the order (didn't do that in the past,
have to now, plastic is melting).

Payments to me need to be discussed on a per country basis - some countries I
will need cash from, others I can take Postal Money Orders, since I can cash
them at the US Post Office.

Once I have the order, I will repack it into the smallest/lightest box I can
find, and get shipping costs.

Once shipping costs are paid, I will ship the package.

Granted, all of the above WILL add considerable delays, but it will let you get
parts before they are available to you in your area.  Once they ARE available to
you, I won't need to do this anymore ;-)

Now if a bunch of people in NZ or AU want to get together and present me with a
big order, that's fine, it would cut down on paperwork.  Just realize, of
course, the bigger the package, the more likely Customs will notice it.

Jamie Obrien wrote:

Yesss!!!

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:39:18 GMT, "Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com>
proclaimed!!

Initially, this service is available only in the United States and Canada
through LEGO Shop at Home (1-800-453-4652). This is not because we wish to
favor this market, but simply because we have an existing fulfillment

And to our friends in Australia and New Zealand (especially, but also Japan
and the rest of the Asian Pacific Rim)  – we hear you!

BUT, is there anybody in the US who'd be willing to go as an inbewteen
for all us others (I'm kind of thinking of, maybe OZ). I guess there
could be some extra $$ in their for handling and such, but at least
the ball's now rolling!!!!!

Cheers
Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au