 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1468
Re: new Technic product shown!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:33:18 GMT

Looks like we will get more Cyberslam-like stuff later this year.

I guess it's becoming harder and harder for those LEGO guys to come up with
another car, another heli, another tractor, another.....

As a Technics fan I completely agree with the the above comment - that's why
the Starwars 8000, 8001 and (especially) the 8002 sets were such a
revelation for me.

I'd like to see more of this kind of set and a shift away from 'Technics'
over-reliance on vehicles of whatever description.

To kick-start a new thread of debate, how about the following...

I would like TLC to introduce a new sub-range into the Techincs family
called, perhaps, Technics Machines. This could include many of the types of
mechanism that AFOLs have already designed; e.g. fruit machine, typewriter,
vending machine, plotter, etc. How many people know how such machines work -
the fun / educational opportunities must be immense.

But also how about; more complex robotics - human head, detailed arm / hand
assemblies etc., robotic animals able to demonstrate various forms of
movement, or tie-ins to existing robotic products; e.g. a Lego Technic
version of the Sony Aibo dog.

The possibilities for taking Lego Technics beyond the 'vehicle' rut are
endless. C'mon Lego - show us what else you can come up with...

Will