 LEGO Company / 3733
  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Funny how we as AFOLs have a hard time thinking "outside the box". We automatically assume that new track geometry necessarily requires large sectional track pieces. The old 4.5-volt/12-volt system had separate ties (sleepers in Europe), track (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Hehe, so I'm not alone on that one :-) (...) A guy in the Netherlands is just trying this, even before this message of discontinuation of the 9V line appeared. (...) About 5 years ago, I even started with Lego trains that were discontinued 23 (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Now that is kind of what I was advocating in my post. The whole LEGO system is a modular system--why not come up with modular way of creating tracks and motor housings or whatever using perhaps the system as the glue and outside parts as part (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) I can only speak for myself, but part of the fun, for me at least, is the challenge of staying within the confines of the Lego product. If I wanted to build track, etc. from other items, or do my own molding, I'd work in N or HO scale (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Well, simple straights and curves could easily be made with flexible rails and individual ties, but many of the specialized track pieces that seem to be of real interest to the hobby are complex crossovers and points. Those would require (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, FTX)