 LEGO Company / 3725
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Steve Witt wrote:
but it won't be an entirely "from the ground up" situation like the switch >from
12v to 9v.  There will be a lot of compatibility between the two systems.

Steve

Steve,

Pardon me for saying so, but your statement above is a little confusing. How was
the conversion from 12v to 9v a "ground up" switch. The 12v trains I have run on
the 9v track. The 9v trains I have run on the 12v track I have (well they would
if I had one of those European to US power conversion things).

Other than the track rails carrying the voltage and the regulators changing,
there seems to be little else that is different.

It does give some support to the assertion that there will be backward
compatibility. If the 12v to 9v was a "ground up" situation, then I welcome the
small changes the new system will bring.

Todd