 LEGO Company / 3554
Re: LEGO Factory individual parts fulfillment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:22:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Suzanne Rich wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Suzanne Rich Green wrote: snip Hi Suzanne,

This may have been discussed before. What is the posting etiquette for LEGO Factory creations? Can folks still use .announce.moc and a related theme (e.g. .space) or will they get flamed into having to post to something like .market.buy-sell-trade? I think since it’s TLG making the profit off of any sale, and not the designer, that the designer should still be able to use .announce.moc, etc. I feel this would go a long way towards helping the success of LEGO Factory and in the long term help out the future of 9V trains which seems to depend on LEGO Train Factory success. I’m just thinking that if LEGO Factory MOCs get buried in a .market group they’ll get a lot less exposure, excitement, etc. than if they can get posted in the same was as traditional MOCs have been posted.

Thanks, Paul D.

This is a good question. I imagine this would be sort of case-by-case. Is there an existing history yet?

I personally don’t think such posts would be received badly unless they were annoying and obviously in one’s own self-interest, but I can’t know for sure. I hope some other people reply here with their thoughts.

--SNIP--

Here are my thoughts as the most recent person to kick up a fuss about mispostings of sales.

Brief summary: don’t worry, unless it’s blatantly for your profit I’m unlikely to kick up any fuss ;)

Long answer: I have no problem with people posting new MOCs whether factory, brickbuilt, raytraced or whatever. However if someone is reposting an old MOC simply for commercial gain then I think it goes against the letter and the spirit of the rules here and will be annoyed. Even if someone linked to the sale of their factory model discreetly in the MOC announcement I still wouldn’t have a problem with it although I might prefer for them to set the followup-to field to .market or .buy-sell.

The major point for me is that it has to be an MOC announcement first and foremost. The reason I complained recently was because it was a pure sales notice with absolutely nothing new offered. Had the situation been otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut.

Of course that is my opinion only.

Tim

PS. I also agree with everything Suz said.