 Marketplace / Shopping / 12395
Re: LEGO Factory individual parts fulfillment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   It looks like LEGO Factory will begin individual brick fulfillment beginning tomorrow, April 8th. This means no more shipment of extra bricks when you order a model designed with LEGO Digital Designer (LDD). Instead of being based on a set of bags, LEGO Factory will be based on individual parts. This should reduce the cost of the model to its most basic price, and also make the entire process of design and ordering much more accessible.

No information if there will be a new palette to download (I assume so), or any price points for individual pieces or shipping time/cost. And of course you’ll need to design your model using LDD.

This is pretty much what we’ve been asking and waiting for. I suggest checking out http://www.legofactory.com on Saturday to see more details.

Kelly McKiernan
LEGO Ambassador

x-posted from lugnet.market.shopping to lugnet.lego -Suz

Hi Suzanne,

This may have been discussed before. What is the posting etiquette for LEGO Factory creations? Can folks still use .announce.moc and a related theme (e.g. .space) or will they get flamed into having to post to something like .market.buy-sell-trade? I think since it’s TLG making the profit off of any sale, and not the designer, that the designer should still be able to use .announce.moc, etc. I feel this would go a long way towards helping the success of LEGO Factory and in the long term help out the future of 9V trains which seems to depend on LEGO Train Factory success. I’m just thinking that if LEGO Factory MOCs get buried in a .market group they’ll get a lot less exposure, excitement, etc. than if they can get posted in the same was as traditional MOCs have been posted.

Thanks, Paul D.