 LEGO Company / 3305
Re: LEGO reports improved financial results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:09:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
   LEGO has released their annual report for 2004 and it looks like there is some good news!

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=14426&countrycode=2057&yearcode=&archive=false

It came into my Inbox via Google alerts, with this link:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=newsview&newsId=20050406005253&newsLang=en

Keep up the great work!

Best regards, Allan B.

That’s some heroic spin from our man Jorgen. See this:

    The result after tax for the year was DKK -1,931m compared with DKK -935m
    in 2003.

Obviously, all the cost-cutting is good news, and once they unload the parks they’ll be in much better shape. But it ain’t happened yet.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

Forbes has a less positive spin than the TLC press release:

  Struggling Danish toy maker Lego Systems A/S Wednesday said its full-year
  net loss more than doubled as sales fell.

  The net loss for 2004 was 1.93 billion kroner, or about $333 million, a
  widening from last year’s loss of 935 million kroner.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations