 General / 50457
  LEGO reports improved financial results

LEGO has released their annual report for 2004 and it looks like there is some good news! (URL) came into my Inbox via Google alerts, with this link: (URL) up the great work! Best regards, Allan B. (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego) !!

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) That's some heroic spin from our man Jorgen. See this: The result after tax for the year was DKK -1,931m compared with DKK -935m in 2003. Obviously, all the cost-cutting is good news, and once they unload the parks they'll be in much better (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

Community outreach by LEGO, the adult fan base ("AFOLs") and legofactory.com are specifically mentioned in the annual report. Check it out. -- Bryan "Allan Bedford" <AllanBedford-DELETE...otome.com> wrote in message news:IEJ1CG.1AEJ@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) Well even though TLG is downsizing, it looks like they are headed in the right direction. This is good news for all AFOLs (except of course for those few who publicly stated that they wish ill will on TLG). Looks like a sizeable part of the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) Forbes has a (URL) positive spin> than the TLC press release: Struggling Danish toy maker Lego Systems A/S Wednesday said its full-year net loss more than doubled as sales fell. The net loss for 2004 was 1.93 billion kroner, or about $333 (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) I'm glad to see that gross margin is improving and that "Make and Create" has been successful. I think these two factors are linked. Its good to see Lego get back to basics and make more money out of it too. I just wish I could see (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) It was in all the Danish news yesterday - but not as a positive story, but as a very negative story with the headlights: LEGO struggling for survival, LEGO will close down factories in Denmark, Switzerland and USA and move production to China, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) It was interesting to note that other Google alerts that I got yesterday gave links to stories that were more like what you describe above. I guess it might be all in how you interpret the numbers. Although things may still not be fantastic, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) The BBC is not exactly positive either. (URL) I guess it depends on what the percieved improvement is rather than the current status. I guess one thing LEGO really suffer for is that they can't shift their manufacture around much like other (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) Boiled down, I think it comes to: "Last year wasn't quite as bad a stinkburger as we thought. Kinda." It's the type of document that can be taken both ways. Improvements are definitely happening, which is good news; but they still lost more. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) Very tricky. I have gone through the annual report - but its not clear whether what's happened is the start of a long contraction down to a niche player or more of a once-off adjustment that's a foundation for modest growth. A couple of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) Very tricky. I have gone through the annual report - but its not clear whether what's happened is the start of a long contraction down to a niche player or more of a once-off adjustment that's a foundation for modest growth. A couple of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) - much good stuff snipped - That's a good analysis, thanks for taking the time to write it up. (...) This would be an interesting one for them to address publicly. You're right, it's all been anecdotal, although I know that I've seen it as (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO reports improved financial results

(...) Well, can't say it's exactly good news for those of us who bought Ambassador passes a few weeks before the divestiture announcement! (We certainly don't go to the parks for the rides.) -Ted (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.lego)