 LEGO Company / 1157
  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I have to agree - if the colors aren't the same, or if the pieces are significantly different (like substituting 1x1 brick with headlight for 1x1 window, as noted earlier), then it's not a reissue, but a reinterpretation. $0.02 James Wilson (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) I have to wonder why people are spotlighting Ronald's post. Precise reissues aren't going to happen for older sets anyway. In any case, I wouldn't buy a reissue of the yellow castle. Accurate? So what? It would still be bright yellow. Sand (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Because he seems to have captured how they feel about the color issue as it affects Legends releses. Can't be a reissue if it's significantly different. Call it something else. (...) If Ford Motor Company decided to "reissue" the Model T, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

In lugnet.lego, James Wilson wrote: snip (...) Wow! A great example. A classic space set, or any other legend, would not be the same in bley. (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) It seems to have worked for the rerelease of the "VW Bug"..... :) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) Considering the fact that the last old-style VW Beetle didn't roll off the line until late last year, technically the new Beetle isn't a rerelease. :) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) IIRC, VW stopped making the old Beetle in 1978. The factory I think you're referring to is one in Mexico. Local managers bought it from the company, since there was a mucher higher demand there than elsewhere for the bug. Somehow I don't think (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More opinions needed - possible future Legends

(...) They stopped production in Germany at that time, but they didn't stop production entirely. They'd still be making them in Mexico if it wasn't for the government working to phase out 2-door taxi cabs, and reducing tarrifs on imports (after all, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)