 Instructions / 742
Re: A sad day for BIP?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:43:41 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Ted Godwin wrote:
Would it be possible to transfer the content to BrickWiki and not have to mess
about with coding and maintaing a whole seperate site?

Anything's possible :) Actually, that's a pretty dang smart idea. See, when I
first created the site, I didn't want to create a scenario where people were
seeing their content show up on the site without their explicit permission. But
the BrickWiki concept is interesting because anyone who wants to remove their
content can.

The only question is who would go through the BIP pull links & creator names and
set up content pages on BrickWiki? Ted, are you volunteering? :)

In all honesty that's not small task. There's quite a few links and users on the
site. Someone would have to develop a "metaphor" to how this content would
transfer over to the wiki, then actually move/create the content.

I'll keep chewing on this, but generally I think it's a great idea!

Jake
---
jake AT countersinkdg DOT com
Webmaster - BIP